Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Sold my vehicle today.......

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 07:12 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road
Default Sold my vehicle today.......

well i sold her today it hurt to do it. some guy decided to offer me 500 for it so i decided to cut my losses with all the repairs.

Last edited by Spectreblazer; 02-15-2010 at 07:17 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:20 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Shoulda let him keep his 500 and squeeze that motor into a cavalier or something!

Im sure you are better off with the money though, use it for some mods on the blazer. That looks like it would have been alot of work.

Old 02-18-2010, 06:48 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I agree..you might have been able to sell the motor for more if it's in good shape. Even still though, congrats on the sale. The extra cash on hand is always helpful!!

Old 02-18-2010, 05:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ohsofly
Shoulda let him keep his 500 and squeeze that motor into a cavalier or something!

Im sure you are better off with the money though, use it for some mods on the blazer. That looks like it would have been alot of work.
yeah my dad wanted me to get it out of the yard, its been over a year since it was wrecked. i was quoted 7500 just for frame damage. and god knows what for everything else. i wish i could have used the money for blazer mods. insurance is terrible. 750 bucks for insurance so no new mods

Originally Posted by Sisk
I agree..you might have been able to sell the motor
for more if it's in good shape. Even still though, congrats on the sale. The extra cash on hand is always helpful!!
yeah the motor had 130,000 on it. idk aleros aren't really worth that much. gm had a lot of drivetrain problems and saftey problems. found this out after i bought it of course. i was trying to sell it when it got wrecked too.

Old 02-18-2010, 06:28 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Spectreblazer
insurance is terrible. 750 bucks for insurance so no new mods

i'm not gonna press for details, but tell me that's for both trucks-for the whole year, right?

Old 02-18-2010, 06:35 PM
Banned

nope thats 1 year s10 blazer
6 months storage insurance on the k5

sucks being 17 and paying for insurance and all the other mods i like to do alot of kids don't but i think its important to know what things cost and making it work. insurance companies aren't big fans of insuring 17 years old. probably for reasons like the pics above.....although they didn't pay a cent not even medical after the wreck. my parents tried to get them to pay the medical portion and they threaten to jump my rate to 1400 for just my s10 for 1 year. so they dropped the claim and the "accident" never happened.(as far as the insurance company knows) medical was paid out of pocket so they said since a report wasn't filed they would drop the 1400 plan

Old 02-18-2010, 07:11 PM
Starting Member
OILCOUNTRY is an unknown quantity at this point

Lol oh I wish I lived in the states with cheap insurance. I'm 22 with one speeding ticket paid 1700 a year for PLPD. For my 2003 2dr blazer

Old 02-18-2010, 07:14 PM
Banned

yup thats what i have PLPD, don't matter if someone hits you your screwed. cant wait tell 25 when rates go down...

Old 02-18-2010, 07:21 PM
Starting Member
OILCOUNTRY is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure about yours but with mine if Im at fault the insurance pays the person I hit. If they hit me tho I just use there coverage....given why all cars are legally required to carry collision coverage.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:23 PM
Banned

in the states (from what i understand) , it just protects me from getting sued. im not responsible for their damage, and their not responible for mine. doesn't matter who's fault the accident its. Michigan no fault insurance...

Quick Reply: Sold my vehicle today.......