The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Stupid Jeep People...and their toys.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 01:23 AM
Starting Member
TheStig is on a distinguished road

I was already considering a small camper anyways, some rhino liner and a few junkyard tidbits wouldn't exactly break the budget anyways. However it did occur to me now that if I went with the pop up I'd have to come up with something for the canvas or Id have a blue camper with the standard tan canvas that would look terrible. As long as I could dye it black it would go with the blue a bit better and match my interior. Any ideas how well that would work?

Old 04-14-2010, 01:32 AM
BlaziNator is on a distinguished road

Never thought about it...but my interior is tan...hmmmm. Haha, seriously though, are you considering actually buying a pop-up? Or were you going to try and fab one up? Because if I were going to fab one...I would make something along the lines of an open top trailer. Because that is after all what our blazers are lacking if anything...Then I would probably modify a tent of sorts to fit over it as a shelter on-the-go. You could also apply the same idea to making your own traditional "pop-up". Just a thought.

I am going to bet that dye would eventually fade and look worse than the tan.

http://www.adventuretrailers.com/

http://www.offroadtrailerz.com/

http://myswag.org/forum/

Last edited by BlaziNator; 04-14-2010 at 01:35 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:10 AM
Starting Member
TheStig is on a distinguished road

I had been considering a pop up but now the more I think about it, it might be more interesting building one from scratch and having it double as a utility trailer.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:30 AM
Starting Member
Frosty209 is on a distinguished road

I wouldn`t mind having a camper built on to my chevy either, be nice to do road trips and forget about the hotels, sleep in the comfort of your own vehicle

Old 04-14-2010, 09:59 AM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sure that the Jeep trailer idea started with someone with a little too much time on his hands, and doing exactly what you guys are talking about.

Too bad GM would never license something like this, the way that Jeep did -- 'cause then it would mean they'd have to bring back the Blazer.

They would totally make a killing if they did. But they aren't known for their vision.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:08 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

hey you can't say anything about blazers not having camper. kiwi's blazer came with the "camper" package haha

Old 04-14-2010, 10:15 AM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL!

And after browsing through that other site, I'm totally thinking about buying a camper trailer to go with my Silverado. Ha!

Old 04-14-2010, 10:47 AM

I had this idea of modifying a tent to meet up with the back end of my blazers...By cutting a hole in the backside of a tent, and draping the cut away section over the top to bridge the gap...filling in with canvan here and there to make it water tight and pretty...somehow attatching it to the truck in a way it was watertight but not visible whn not attached...and make it to where the tent would more or less still be a stand alone tent. Then I could sleep in the back of my blazer and use the tent area for storage while I was wheeling. I think it might be too much trouble. But cheap.

I swear...I think of the stupidest things when I get bored.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:57 AM
Starting Member
sifd4x4 is on a distinguished road

are you talking about something like this...
except you could find or build one that attaches to the inside edge of the blazer instead of the outside and then folds out.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:36 PM

Actually...something EXACTLY like that lol. But yeah, attaching it to the inside would have it's advantages. How does that one attach? Are those bungee cords?

Quick Reply: Stupid Jeep People...and their toys.