Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

suggestions on digital cameras please

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 11:10 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about
Default suggestions on digital cameras please

hey guys the other day i was working on my gmc and took my camera with me to take some pictures . Any ways Long Story Short I forgot it in my pocket and must of broke it when i was putting the transfer case back on .

I have no more camera since i cracked the screen and the lens stopped working

I just wanted to know what kind of cameras you guys have and if you have any suggestions on a cheap decent cameras i should look into ?

These were the last pictures the old camera took =P

manifolds i drilled out

Both transmissions and transfer case

and last me under the truck while my parents taking a pic of me

Last edited by xgiovannix12; 02-06-2012 at 11:14 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:58 PM
saab9k is on a distinguished road

I use my Iphone 4s. works great

Attached Thumbnails suggestions on digital cameras  please-img_1596-450-x-338-.jpg  
Old 02-07-2012, 04:46 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

If I were you I'd look on ebay for the same one you had. I bought a casio exilim on there for 50 bucks.. works great battery lasts forever, does video - straight to youtube format.
Only one problem - wont focus to less than three feet. As you can tell from some of my pix

Old 02-07-2012, 04:59 AM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

I think if you want cheap you have endless possiblilities. But I would look at ebay to find something that will suit you. CASIO soundls like it would be a good option. Good brand and cheap.

Old 02-07-2012, 03:34 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

eh i never really liked the old one Ill look into the casio brand

thank you

Old 02-07-2012, 03:45 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Looking for something compact again? If not I've had my Canon S5is for years now and outside of the screen getting wonky at full extension it has served me well. If you like that style you can go with the S3is and not pay for the external flash capability (I've never used it).

I'm a Canon fan but any of Nikon's coolpix line would be good, too.

Old 02-07-2012, 04:20 PM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Personally I'm partial to Canon. I've owned 8 Canon cameras over the last 20 years and I've never had a complaint with them. I still have an old Canon Digital Elf that I dropped into a tub full of live Northern Pike. Dried it out for a week and the thing is still going.

Old 02-07-2012, 05:11 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Maybe I should have streesed the point..
My casio does lousy on closeups.

That pic of the Exhaust flange would have looked like crap. It's important to us, especially.

Make a list off ebay then search web for reviews of the specific model.

Old 02-07-2012, 05:39 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

I have a Kodak one from a few years ago that still takes good pictures...but my cellphone takes better ones and will upload them to whatever account I want whenever I want, so I use that more often than not.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:56 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Cant go wrong with anything nikon, I am biased to nikon, they focus only on optics. unlike canon. Better glass.
All my gear is nikon (body, flash, 4 lens) and i have never been happier

Quick Reply: suggestions on digital cameras please