Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Summer project what are you doing/whos in MI

Old 01-07-2010, 09:33 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road
Default Summer project what are you doing/whos in MI

Summer will hopefully get here sooner then later. i know i got a few projects i want to do, radiator(complete cleaning of the entire system, get out dex coolant), offroad lights. im starting to think about a small lift kit 2". im gonna start getting offroad more nothing crazy not to much to tear up here in MI. What are you guys plans for the summer.
i know of one guy on here from MI anybody else from MI.

Old 01-07-2010, 09:42 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

If anyone can answer....

Getting a job... LOL.... and then possibly fitting the blazer with a small lift or larger tires as the last mod until getting a newer vehicle after graduation. Since the Fiancee is deathly trying to get me to stay away from too much money into it before tying the knot...(i typed not and she corrected me... lol) but I am looking to do small things, but she already knows that the Blazer is stuck with me (us)

Old 01-07-2010, 09:51 PM
Banned

trucks and women are alot alike they both cost money

Old 01-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by wlorton
If anyone can answer....

Getting a job... LOL.... and then possibly fitting the blazer with a small lift or larger tires as the last mod until getting a newer vehicle after graduation. Since the Fiancee is deathly trying to get me to stay away from too much money into it before tying the knot...(i typed not and she corrected me... lol) but I am looking to do small things, but she already knows that the Blazer is stuck with me (us)
yea its like a 2 in 1 post just wondering what everyones summer plans are and seeing how many guys are in MI. thinkin about getting a group to go offroading/camping something. Well sounds like you got an eventful summer. Good luck

Old 01-09-2010, 05:42 AM
Starting Member
TheStig is on a distinguished road

Im actually from MI, I will be back there a bit this summer for 2 weeks around June when I get back from this deployment and for holiday weekends, otherwise Im stuck in North Carolina. As for projects, the Blazers going to get a serious detail as soon as I get back. Then I have to put the hitch I have on, swap the seats for leather if I can find a decent set by then, some minor painting here and there, tinting of the tailight/turnsignals, possibly halo/HID headlights, and I'd like to get a remote starter and some better speakers.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:00 AM
Beginning Member
Coastiedude is on a distinguished road

* tip for the tail light. sand them down and get a qt of clear. then takes some pearl black and put a few drops in with the clear. then spray on the clear to the tail light and add as many coats as you want according to how dark the clear is.*

but yeah, for me i will be taking the task of DIY replacement of both upper and lower ball joints, idler arm, and Pittman arm first. then after that ill be working on a 6" lift and a front guard. then obviously some bigger tires. maybe 33's or 35's.

Old 01-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Starting Member
RolingKCBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

If the money is right i should be able to get this done

Old 01-09-2010, 04:12 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

By list of things to do is always getting longer. I want to do a lot of stuff on it this winter since im not driving it. Few of the things include getting a rear end out of a zr2, making steel front and rear bumpers, and re-coating the frame. Im in Grand Rapids and we go up to Big Rapids about once a month to camp and theres some good trails up there

Old 01-09-2010, 04:25 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

What I'm doing is semi-classified information.

Once summer rolls around and I can start working full time, and the cash river flows once again, there is going to be a LOT of work done to it.

Top of the list is paying it off right now though. Shouldn't be too much longer now. Cmon tax returns!

Old 01-09-2010, 05:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NVANZEE
By list of things to do is always getting longer. I want to do a lot of stuff on it this winter since im not driving it. Few of the things include getting a rear end out of a zr2, making steel front and rear bumpers, and re-coating the frame. Im in Grand Rapids and we go up to Big Rapids about once a month to camp and theres some good trails up there
im itching to get on some trails. how rough are the trails.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Summer project what are you doing/whos in MI