Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Swag Stickers; Target or Beltbuckle?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 02:16 AM
Ugly_Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Swag Stickers; Target or Beltbuckle?

Im curious on what peoples opinions are on putting stickers on there trucks. I understand the idea that if you have a 5000$ amp you dont want a sticker that says so! But what about other gear. Like say guages, or oil filters or intakes or led lighting or shocks or rims or ...

So is it supporting your brands, or making yourself a target? I mean half the stuff you can see from the outside anyways lol

What do you guys think?

EDIT: ... headlights, tires... ...BIG FAT FIN CHEVY BOWTIE!!! ... Maybe too much? ... Nah, big freakin bowtie!

Last edited by Ugly_Monkey; 04-24-2009 at 02:18 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:35 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Less is more!

Old 04-24-2009, 06:43 AM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road

It honestly depends on the person. and its really isn't the opinion of other people, but its what you want, lo, I personnally don't mind some decal love as long as the decals on the vehicles match the parts on the vehicle so to speak. I hate seeing stuff like a NOS decal on a 100% stock Corolla or something that does not even have NOS lol.

Old 04-24-2009, 03:38 PM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with Biohazed but then i hate to see super old election stickers on cars, putting the election sticker on your car or truck isn't increasing the persons odds or winning its only increasing your odds of get your car egged!! but that's only my opinion

Old 04-26-2009, 12:07 PM
Thor_449 is an unknown quantity at this point

There comes a point were I think haveing too much is annoying. You could spend all the money in the world on the body of your vehicle with lights, rims, stickers, etc. But if your vehicle can't perform worth all the flare, then whats the point? I have stickers and stuff on my blazer but it's by no means covered with stickers

Old 04-26-2009, 03:15 PM
mech cb is on a distinguished road

I remember back in my hometown a guy had an 84 suburban COVERED with bumperstickers! I mean, if it wasn't the grill, glass, or a wheel it had a bumper sticker on it. I wish I woulda got a picture of that.

Personally, I don't like it when people throw tacky stickers on their vehicles. For example, if you put a SUNOCO Racing Fuel sticker on your car, you have a chance of winning free gas. But the sticker is so fugly that I'd rather just keep payin for my own gas! I think either a few well-placed small stickers, or just a couple well placed large stickers works. But I wouldn't try to mix large and small or cover any one area in stickers. Also, it really makes me cringe to see stickers thrown on body parts. The only time I've seen it work is when a guy was making his truck NASCAR themed and he threw some "sponser" stickers down the door. Other than that-it always seems to look tacky. 10 bucks to the first person to throw a giant Fig Newton sticker on their windshield!

Old 04-26-2009, 06:37 PM
cr8390 is an unknown quantity at this point

me personally i have 1 flowmaster sticker blazerforum.com and gmtruckforum.net decals, a police thing u get for giving them money lol and a sticker that say my other truck is a warthog with the halo 3 symbol. I did havve a obama sticker on my truck but when he won i took it off.

But i think ur right about increasing the odds of making ur self a target. This kid i no has a jetta with a body kit rims all that on it and a big kicker audio sticker on the back. Im like thats stupid, just go tell everyone u have subs. What i do is just let them hear it lol.

Old 04-26-2009, 06:44 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

I think that if it's something like a sub sticker, you shouldn't put it on your car because if it can't be seen, there is no reason to advertise it.. Something like flowmaster is cool because it is obvious you have it so regardless of a sticker or not...people know it's their.

I used to have a Loas Angeles Angels sticker and a Browning sticker on my truck, but I took them off because I got tired of people asking if I play pro ball and where I hunt lol

Old 04-27-2009, 01:50 AM
Ugly_Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Were not talking about a bunch of fugly bumperstickers, were talking about decals or stuff, I dont like "square stickers" but i mean like a bowtie or a "vortec" decal or v-leds or WIX.

Im with you guys on some of it, like the stock corolla with nos stickers, or the whole tailgate covered, lol

but I dont know, just killin some bored time lol!

Old 04-27-2009, 02:15 AM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

im with the less is more idea...ive got 4 decals total one .net and K&N and the back window and one .net on each of the rear windows and even that seems like overkill.

Quick Reply: Swag Stickers; Target or Beltbuckle?