Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

tax refunds coming!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 01:18 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about
Default tax refunds coming!

Its that time of the year again. If your getting anything back, Whatcha gonna do with it? Are we going to be responsible adults here and spend it on things we need/or pay overdue bills.

Or blow it on performance parts for our trucks and new tools etc.

Im at least buying me a air compressor and mig welder.

Old 01-24-2012, 01:44 AM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

second option sounds good

I would like to get a roof rack and a Bull bar, then some lights to go with both of them haha. i wont get enough to pay for all of that im sure but it will help :P

Old 01-24-2012, 06:28 AM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

refund is what i used to get my tires and suspension lift...best use ever....i love the combo everyday since i put them together.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:58 AM
Phil is on a distinguished road

I wish I could do the latter option I want lights, tires, and LEDs. Unfortunately, I'm still trying to get back on my feet after supporting my now ex for a year, paying for her school, and a wedding (dress, cake, venue, catering, flowers, rings) only to have her start cheating on me. The price of freedom... Worth. Every. Penny.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:02 AM
deadmanet is on a distinguished road

First going to get the Blazer a full tune up. Which due to my most recent issue, will include at least my distributor cap, and maybe plugs/wires(having the no start when it rains issue, which found the reason due to the fine posters here ty)

Going to pay off one of my credit cards, and then see what's left.
If I got enough left, upgrade my alternator(am already seeing voltage drops with just my new HU and the big 3 done)

And would like to take the truck to a professional installer and have my amp/subs installed, I've given up on doing it myself, live in an apartment and got warned the last time I was out there messing with trying to run the power wire. So, no more working in my parking space for me.

And if there's any left over, will let it sit in savings for any future problems that may arise.

*edit* And I'm right there with ya Phil, although I got lucky and found out before the wedding, so at least not out that money. And I completely agree, was kind of hard at first, but it's been 11 months, and I am loving the bachelor life!

Last edited by deadmanet; 01-24-2012 at 07:05 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:07 AM
Starting Member
Longer02 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am being responsible and paying some things off. The rest of the money will fund my Camaro though. Last year I spent money on my 2000 Blazer (rims, tires, bull bar, lights, shocks) but since I just bought the 97 I will leave it alone until the Camaro is finished this summer.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:14 AM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by deadmanet
*edit* And I'm right there with ya Phil, although I got lucky and found out before the wedding, so at least not out that money. And I completely agree, was kind of hard at first, but it's been 11 months, and I am loving the bachelor life!
Sorry to hear that man. As for me, I'm a serial monogamous lol. Already back into a relationship but with a much better gal. This one encourages me wrenching on cars, working with my hands, playing music, and watching football.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:08 AM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

I was fortunate enough this year to keep up on all my bills , I quit drinking a couple years ago and I definitely have noticed the difference in my wallet . With my tax return I plan on getting my axles and solid axle swap kit , and I'm seriously looking into a nitrous kit for the 302 . And Then I have to take care of the wife and kids , and I always pay off my car & motorcycle insurance .

Old 01-24-2012, 12:52 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Phil
Sorry to hear that man. As for me, I'm a serial monogamous lol. Already back into a relationship but with a much better gal. This one encourages me wrenching on cars, working with my hands, playing music, and watching football.

WHOA. does she have a sister?

i just thought about the high output alternator...Imma get that too..this poor 100 amp alt is tired.

Old 01-24-2012, 01:31 PM
Little Roober is on a distinguished road

I get to use mine to help pay off my rebuilt transmission.

Quick Reply: tax refunds coming!