Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Thank You MA.

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 02:13 PM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Thank You MA.

Thank you to the voters in the bay state Ma. It's been great to watch the process from over here in Idaho and what a race! The fact that the winner drove a GM truck made it that much better.

I'm so glad that there are no 'hanging chads' to worry about either, simple results cut and dried. It's always nice to see people use their right to vote!

Old 01-20-2010, 02:18 PM
Banned
TFisher is on a distinguished road

X2! Now that the "ram-it-through, behind closed doors" approach will have some serious resistance, we can all breathe a sigh of relief! "With all due respect, it's the peoples' seat!"

Regards,

Thomas

Old 01-20-2010, 04:34 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

changes nothing. we are all screwed anyway.

load up on ammo (minimum 500 rounds per weapon, in each caliber needed, more if its semi auto with 30rd or larger mags) stock pile some food, water and med supplies. keep a hammer, some nails and scrap wood handy. kick back and wait for the zombies...
it'll all be over soon...

Old 01-20-2010, 07:38 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Truly historic what has happened in Mass. Gives me hope for the rest of the country.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:39 PM
Banned

I know this is off topic, but: Best picture EVER

Regards,

Thomas

Old 01-20-2010, 08:42 PM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by AJBert
Truly historic what has happened in Mass. Gives me hope for the rest of the country.
x3 on that. I'm right there with you.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:58 PM
96Blazernut is an unknown quantity at this point

Living here in NH we get the Mass tv stations and it's been fun to watch the liberal media with this. They are cratering all over the place. The more I watch them try to spin this as a win, the funnier it gets.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:00 PM
96Blazernut is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AJBert
X2 as well

Old 01-20-2010, 11:04 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

I've no idea what this thread is about! But I've read it. LOL

Old 01-20-2010, 11:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kiwiblazer
I've no idea what this thread is about! But I've read it. LOL
Well, in a nutshell:
Republican Scott Brown has won a seat that was occupied by the late Ted Kennedy in Massachusetts (I don't know if I spelled that correctly and neither does Martha Coakley). The opponet, Coakley figured, as did the rest of America that in a state that has been safe for democrats that it would be shooting fish in a barrel. No, we really ALL thought that... every single one of us except maybe Brown and his family / friends (who definitely harbored doubts). Then, several weeks ago, an anomaly happened: Brown had closed the gap to just a few points. Time went by and the gap got smaller and smaller until the special election where he blew past her 52% to 47% which was an absolute shock in a state that has not elected a republican to Senate since well before I was born.

This election was like if you were to grab a glowing piece of iron and not get burned. It was like if you were to fall into the water and not get wet. It was like waking up at noon and there being no sun -- in Mexico!

Regards,

Thomas

Quick Reply: Thank You MA.