Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Time to move on...

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 08:27 AM
Starting Member
Smoked is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Time to move on...

It is with some sadness but lots of excitement I make my last Blazer post on this fine forum. After almost 2 years of battling headache after headache yet finally having an entire summer problem free with my 99 ZR2 she has died for her last time under my watch. I bought the truck in March 2008 and while i've put about 40000kms on it, and taken her on some really long trips there have just been too many issues and when the wife and I set a number for non-wear and tear repairs before dumping it in the spring...the end has come. The brand new delco fuel pump I had put in in april has died already and while I do have warranty we just don't want to keep dumping $$$ into it.

We're also planning to start a family and the idea of putting a baby in and out of the back seat of a two door blazer isn't the most appealing

Here is one last look at her. Overall I am glad I bought the truck..when it was working it was a sweet ride. We had some great trips with this thing..but it's time to move on.

The new vehicle is a 2003 GMC Envoy XL SLE. It has 102000kms, loaded 7 passenger, sunroof, remote start...the works minus leather. We're pretty pumped

So good luck blazer and jimmy owners... i'll look back more fondly on my 89 Jimmy than the zr2 but I still love the love of these trucks and will always have a special place in my heart for them

Attached Thumbnails Time to move on...-2008-06-27-002-2008-06-27-007.jpg   Time to move on...-c.jpeg   Time to move on...-.jpg  
Old 10-20-2009, 08:30 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Nice Voy! We do cover the GMT360/370 platform trucks as well!!

Old 10-20-2009, 08:34 AM
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

dont stop posting just cause you got rid of the blazer. nice envoy tho i gotta admit that much. and good luck with the envoy

Old 10-20-2009, 08:34 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Nice Voy! We do cover the GMT360/370 platform trucks as well!!
Well that's good news I've been so busy this summer and haven't had any problems with the Blazer I had really only been checking in on the 2nd gen tech board periodically so i hadn't noticed. I guess I won't be going anywhere then

Old 10-20-2009, 08:39 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by blazerguy22
dont stop posting just cause you got rid of the blazer. nice envoy tho i gotta admit that much. and good luck with the envoy
Thanks..yeah now that I see there is lots of Envoy knowledge here i'll definitely stick around and i'll post more given the weather. My Camaro goes away soon so i'll be home a lot more I want to beef up my limited knowledge of these trucks quickly. I dont' know anything about the I6 motor aside from the fact i like the way it performs

Last edited by Smoked; 10-20-2009 at 08:50 AM.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:23 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I agree, don't go because you don't have a Blazer....envoy's are close enough. Looks like a nice truck though. They are really nice and comfortable trucks...definitely only for on road though.

Old 10-20-2009, 11:55 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sisk
definitely only for on road though.
not if a friendly trailblazer goes along to help him through... and drop the kids off a soccer practice on the way

glad to see you wont be packin up just yet though

Last edited by ABN31B; 10-20-2009 at 01:45 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:57 AM
Starting Member

Thanks guys...nah i don't offroad anything. I dragrace my Camaro occasionally and that's an expensive enough hobby

Old 10-20-2009, 12:17 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Once A Chevy guy always a chevy guy....

Old 10-21-2009, 12:42 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

glad to see you're still sticking around Smoked. hope you enjoy the new ride.
so, what are you doing with the '99 2 door? you selling it? where in Ontario are you located?

Quick Reply: Time to move on...