Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Took the new boat out today

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 08:39 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road
Default Took the new boat out today

Went out into the Hauraki Gulf about 3 or 4 nautical miles & into 45mtr waters to catch some big Snapper or maybe a nice King Fish - No luck - at all! I was the only one to at least hook something - twice in 10 minutes. Sadly both times I lost it somewhere just below the boat. The tracer line I was using is quite thick & you could see how the line was shredded - not cut or snapped - shredded. I thought it may have one of the local sharks (little ones) but the locals who know the area tell me it was probably a Barracuda! So damn! I coulda had some good pics to post!

Oh well, & just to prove we WERE out there in the wild blue yonder, I've included some pics of a pod of Orca Whales that swam alongside our boat.

Yea,yea, I hear you pic hungry freaks ask "where's the boat pic?"

Here it is after we got home & yes it was towed with the Explorer. Wrong truck I know, but at over 3,000kg no way would I even contemplate the Blazer up front. The Exploder (4.0 ltr V6) just copes, but is under a lot of stress towing this thing.
We're looking at a 1996 4.2 turbo diesel Landcruiser to use as the tow vehicle.

Attached Thumbnails Took the new boat out today-2010-01-001-orca-whales.jpg   Took the new boat out today-2010-01-002-orca-whales.jpg   Took the new boat out today-2010-01-003-orca-whales.jpg   Took the new boat out today-p1010001.jpg   Took the new boat out today-p1010002.jpg  

Last edited by kiwiblazer; 01-16-2010 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Grammer
Old 01-16-2010, 09:23 PM
Starting Member
chiefum is on a distinguished road

Damn..............that looks like a nice boat.

Old 01-16-2010, 09:55 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Thanks. Just at It's 7.6 metres it's a bit big!

Old 01-16-2010, 10:04 PM
Starting Member
97Bravada is on a distinguished road

nice boat,and u lucky bastard lol i have a ft of snow and 30F temps here right now,and nice boat btw i like it...makes me miss my dads 28ft boat(bout 9.3 meters),damn you snow i want summer lol

Old 01-16-2010, 11:15 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Wow thats a lot of water! Really nice lookin boat too. Looks like a beast.

Old 01-16-2010, 11:20 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Thats a beastly looking boat... I never spent much time on speed/fast boats, but sail boats, going slow... lol....

Old 01-17-2010, 03:04 AM
Starting Member
OILCOUNTRY is an unknown quantity at this point

its all about the SAilboats...I own An I14 and its a hell of alot of fun...Fell bored just punch into youtube I14 and witness the speed =)

Old 01-17-2010, 04:17 AM
Starting Member
Bad Attitude is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by kiwiblazer
Here it is after we got home & yes it was towed with the Explorer. Wrong truck I know, but at over 3,000kg no way would I even contemplate the Blazer up front. The Exploder (4.0 ltr V6) just copes, but is under a lot of stress towing this thing.
Hey Ken nice boat, but why wouldn't you put that on the back of the Blazer I have had a tripple axle trailor on the back of my truck which had a double chasis the deck was about 6 metres long and I had 5 size 9 bails of fresh silage on it about 700kg each. The blazer hardly knew it was there cruised along at 100km's no sweat

Old 01-17-2010, 06:00 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kiwiblazer
nice boat Ken, and pic's of a Barracuda woulda been sweet! while that is a nice new tow rig you're looking @, why wouldn't you hook it up to your Blazer, it should be able to handle it just as well.

mind you, with these automatic's..............maybe you're better off to play it safe.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:40 AM
AntonyJ1214 is on a distinguished road

Yes that boat looks like a ton of fun to cruise in! Im usually out of a 28ft Sea Swirl. Went out last week in 20 degree weather and went Striper fishing. Note to self......... doent ever go out in 20 degree weather again......EVER!

Quick Reply: Took the new boat out today