The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Top Gear

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 12:52 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Clarkson & co have just finished filming an episode here in New Zealand.
Jeremy raced a Toyota Corolla along the remote 90 mile beach on the North Island while James & Richard raced on the team NZ America's Cup yacht.
Of course, this was all supposed to be done secretly & the beach was closed off to the public.
This beach is in fact only 55 miles (correction) in length.

Last edited by kiwiblazer; 03-22-2013 at 12:00 AM.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:07 AM
97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Twip
just incase you guys dont know, there is a BBC Top Gear. and IMHO, its WAAAAY better. most of things that the American version does is just old stuff that the Brits have already done years ago. when the American version came out, it was soooooooo bad. but it is getting better and i have found myself watching more of it. i just cant stand Tanner. i think hes a little big headed because he thinks that he's a racer. just my .02
Yes i believe the British one is way better too, but keep in mind they have been at it for 15+ years. The British top gear actually started out as a really dry and boring car talk show then i believe Jeremy was the first of the three to get there then Richard then James.

Old 03-22-2013, 06:35 PM
Starting Member
ol' grouch is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Twip
just incase you guys dont know, there is a BBC Top Gear. and IMHO, its WAAAAY better. most of things that the American version does is just old stuff that the Brits have already done years ago. when the American version came out, it was soooooooo bad. but it is getting better and i have found myself watching more of it. i just cant stand Tanner. i think hes a little big headed because he thinks that he's a racer. just my .02

I agree the U.S. version is getting better. I've got the BBC versions on DVD in seasons 10 through 18. The earlier seasons aren't available. A lot of the U.S. stuff is based on the U.K. version. They have dropped the "big star in a small car" segmejt and studio audience and now concentrate on a challenge race.

As for Tanner Foust, that's the formula. He's the U.S. counterpart to Richard Hammond, Rutledge Wood is the American Jermey Clarkson and the comedian is in place of James May but not really his counterpart. May is the brainiac of the BBC version and also called "Captain Slow" where the U.S. version has a comedian who breaks cars. I think it works better that way anyway.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:26 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough

i could pretty much agree all the way around with you and cherry. the U.S. version is getting better but i think it still leaves something to be desired. anyway, off to see another episode of said show. have a good one fellas!!

Old 03-23-2013, 09:42 AM
swanman35 is on a distinguished road

I like tanner. He is a pretty unbelievable drifter

Old 03-24-2013, 06:50 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by swanman35
I like tanner. He is a pretty unbelievable drifter

He does have a hot shoe. Besides racing, he's also a stunt driver. I'm pretty sure the fist magnet personality is for the camera. He's probably less intolerable in person.

Keep in mind that what we see on camera isn't always what actually happened. I was watching last Tuesdays episode last night and Tanner was breaking trail. Uh...yeah. How were they filing it unless a camera vehicle was ahead of him? Especially when you could see tire tracks in front of him. All in all though, the show is entertaining.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:39 AM
trobbins is on a distinguished road

why couldnt they atleast put rut in the blazer and im suprised adam picked that and not some cadi

Old 03-26-2013, 05:46 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by trobbins
why couldnt they atleast put rut in the blazer and im suprised adam picked that and not some cadi

Well, in last weeks show, Rut was in a Jeep, Tanner was in a Land Rover and Adam was in a.......Caddilac Escalade, although it was modified by Lingenfelter.

Old 03-26-2013, 05:55 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

No TV, DVR, DVD, VCR, none of that stuff here... BRB, gotta go feed the squirrels, the gen set is running slow again

Old 03-26-2013, 06:33 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
No TV, DVR, DVD, VCR, none of that stuff here... BRB, gotta go feed the squirrels, the gen set is running slow again
i still actually have my vcr, i use it as a junction box as it has 3 a/v ports on it but cant remember the last time i used it. i never watch tv except the walking dead, i find myself watching youtube on the xbox app more then anything. its funny that people are starting to get more and more away from tv

Quick Reply: Top Gear