Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Toyota Ads

Old 07-08-2010, 12:14 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough
Default Toyota Ads

Anyone notice lately that all the ads up top are for Toyota? i just find it funny that we have a foreign car company ad on our American vehicle forum.

not bashing necessarily, but its ironic to me

Old 07-08-2010, 12:21 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Privilege of the site owners.

Old 07-08-2010, 12:28 AM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, they got to get someone to pay for the sight so they just take whoever is willing to pay. But, I would agree it would make more sense if it was Chevy or something but then again Toyota seems very desperate atm maby they are trying to turn Chevy fans into Toyota fans.

Old 07-08-2010, 12:31 AM
BF Veteran

oh, i know its not us who makes the decision or anything. i just find irony in it.

well i'm off to bed on that note, class in the morning and a garage to clean. Yay life

Old 07-08-2010, 01:37 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it's funny how freaked out Toyota is over this whole brakes deal. On the tv ads has any one noticed when they talk about spending like a million dollars a day on saftey research that 90% of the pictures in the background has to do with the brake system?

Did Firestone freak out like this when they had the Wilderness AT tire deal back in the 90's? No, and they came back fine. When are we gonna start getting some BP ads on here? Or Iphone ads since they admitted the phones have always had a flaw with the signal reception cause of the placement of the antenna. If these companies would invest the money into the familes of the lost and into the fixing of the problems instead of damn commercials I would respect them more.

It's almost like big tobacco anymore! One major company donated like $20.000.00 to a charity. Then they spent over $3.000.000.00 in ads to tell people they donated money to charity! Donate more money and quit bragging in ads about what you've done! Let your new improved product speak for it's self! I mean I respect Toyota cause they built a engine making facility in West Virginia and it brought in alot of jobs. And the place I work for does thier rugs and cleans thier uniforms, so I'm glad that they arn't laying off mass amounts of people and are rebounding good. But still, this has been pissing me off for months and these damn ads with Cindy and Ryk have finally busted my temper.

I don't care how much of a "value" the cars are our how "dependable" the trucks are. You made a mistake. Learn and grow from it. Let it go and get on with life.

Sorry to have a "Thomas" moment. But Blazerforum is my escape from the world, persay. I come here to get away from current events and just relax and enjoy the friends and information. Seeing that Toyota ad just really got to me. I'm just waiting on them to do like on the animated show Futurama where companies broadcast commercials in your dreams. I'll hush up now.

Old 07-08-2010, 11:22 AM

Totally agreed.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:01 PM
BF Veteran

Josh, you beat me to everything once i take the time to think about it now a days. haha, i agree.

i just found it funny, like right now i have the "Toyota National Clearance Event" ad. Are they selling all the busted cars? haha

Old 07-08-2010, 02:23 PM

Well they can't afford to just scrap them... I'm really wondering if Toyota is going to completely sink and become non existent.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:47 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by 84BlazerS10
Well they can't afford to just scrap them... I'm really wondering if Toyota is going to completely sink and become non existent.
We can only hope. I'm an American Car guy. i live in America, I support America the best i can.

I mean, yeah my Blackberry's internals are made in Japan and China but its assembled in Canada. My cars and car audio are all American made.

anyways, thats my little rant. all done

Old 07-08-2010, 04:09 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

I figure they will come back. But like I said, they are wasting money telling us what we already know and trying to be the "hometown" car maker, representing the everyday working person. People will but whatever they want. Doesn't matter who JD Power and associates likes, or who's Sales have been best in the last decade.

If I looks good and fill thier needs, ads dont influence that kinda purchase. But that's why I'm a lowly warehouse worker and not a public relations consultant for a major corporation. lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Toyota Ads