Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

This video gave me chills...

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 11:30 AM
Silver00LT is on a distinguished road
Default This video gave me chills...

Only thing I am literally scared of its canines. I was attacked by a pack of stray and we have a lot of them around here which is why I carry every night I go out.

If I saw a pack like this coming at me I would of crapped myself and panicked. I am sorry I will never own a dog. Just when I was 13 I was attacked only thing saving me was beating the hell out of them to get away.

I want to agree say their wolves as coyotes are not that brave unless they know they can get the pray easily. We have a few wolves down here along with mountain lions. So do I stay out for long? NOPE! It killed me in basic at Fort Jackson when we did our camp outs and night time fire training beside wild dogs. -shudders-
http://www.break.com/index/russian-c...pack-of-wolves

Old 10-15-2010, 04:24 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

I call BS on that video since this video:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a1c_1287002615
shows the same incident being conveniently filmed from inside the car? Looks more like a bunch of German Shepherds out for a run since they aren't marked like any wolves I've ever seen.

Old 10-16-2010, 12:02 AM

Aw not fair video will not play. But if it is fake...I don't give a ****! That many dogs coming to me...**** this I'm outta here!

Fake = usual break.com crap
Real/Fake = still gave me the creeps.

Old 10-16-2010, 04:14 AM
R2P
Starting Member
R2P is on a distinguished road

Any K9 is cool with me. If its a dog thats owned by someone its usually kept restrained, so not a problem. Wild K9's around here (middle tennessee) always keep to themselves. One day I was walking down a trail in the middle of a forest when I came across a pack of coyotes/wolves (I honestly can't tell the difference unless I see a side by side comparison) and they just all ran away. If I ever were attacked theres always a possible weapon nearby. Sword in the Blazer (awww yeah) or some type of clubbing weapon (tree branch, etc).

Old 10-16-2010, 11:57 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silver00LT
Aw not fair video will not play...
Just click on the hyperlink at the top of the video window.

Old 10-17-2010, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by R2P
Any K9 is cool with me. If its a dog thats owned by someone its usually kept restrained, so not a problem. Wild K9's around here (middle tennessee) always keep to themselves. One day I was walking down a trail in the middle of a forest when I came across a pack of coyotes/wolves (I honestly can't tell the difference unless I see a side by side comparison) and they just all ran away. If I ever were attacked theres always a possible weapon nearby. Sword in the Blazer (awww yeah) or some type of clubbing weapon (tree branch, etc).
90 percent chance that was coyotes. Wolves tend to stand their ground.

Old 10-17-2010, 08:09 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Where in Alabama are there wolves roaming around?!? Let alone Tenn???

WA, MT, MN, WY, ID...yes. Nothing out east let alone the south has ANY wild wolf packs. Coyotes, yes, wolves, no.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:03 AM

Cleburne/Randolph/Calhoun/Clay county still have THOUSANDS of acres that are uninhabited. Haven't sent the wolf in several years so chances are its been killed off. A mile from my house is a mountain lion den. Next door there is a coyote pack that roams through our yard almost weekly.

I live right next to a national forest. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talladega_National_Forest

Cheaha State Park is the main part next to me, but you hike a day or so and your in a isolated part that park rangers warn hikers to carry enough supplies for 72 hours and highly recommend a gps and cell phone. Trail markings get washed away blown away from our severe thunderstorms. My gf and I missed a turn and we ended up lost for 7 hours, but luckily had my cell phone and call parents when I hit top of a ridge told them our last known location and that we were heading East to hit the road. Two hours later a squad car with lights found us in a closed RV park. It was night time for 3 of those hours and I had a little AA battery powered flash light because I did not pack for a night just food/water and that flash light just in case. The trails get covered easily especially fall/winter the time my gf and I went hiking.

That two hour hike turned into more than a two hour hike. Do you think I take it serious? Yes I do. I pack enough MREs for a week double water. GPS, cell phone water proof bag...survival tools. Would carry a pistol, but its against state regulations so I carry a bush knife.

Last edited by Silver00LT; 10-18-2010 at 09:11 AM. Reason: added link
Old 10-18-2010, 05:54 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Ummmm...okay...

Old 10-19-2010, 02:42 PM
Thor_449 is an unknown quantity at this point

I beg to differ, I have hunted In the Penensila of Michigan, and I was sitting in my ground deer blind and saw a hunting/ scouting pack of three wolves. I was on top of a ridge and they in the bottom so I felt fine, I hey'd at them and they calmly took off and left me and our camp alone. On the other hand I have been chased up a tree by coyotes when I was bunny hunting in Indiana. I had a 20 gauge with bird shot so they didn't stick around for me to come down. It realy depends on the area were the animals are located, If they are close to a populated area they will approach humans regardless of what type of animal it is (bear, mt. lion, wolf, coyote, even deer and elk)

Quick Reply: This video gave me chills...