Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

vin lookup

Old 04-18-2013, 02:49 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about
Default vin lookup

Someone awhile ago posted an awesome site for looking up vin numbers. it gave EVERYTHING info wise on your car, interior color, color codes, even the day that it rolled out of the factory. I for the life of me cant find it. was awesome, and free... anyone remember?

Old 04-18-2013, 04:13 PM
Starting Member
95BlackGA is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 04-18-2013, 04:16 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Nope. that is not it, it was specific for GM vehicles. I will try to find it, by searching through my old posts

*edit* that is far too many posts to look through.

Last edited by richphotos; 04-18-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:46 PM
50lb_cat will become famous soon enough

Checkout www.decodethis.com, its a good one.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:26 PM
BF Veteran

that is a good site, but not the one that was posted on here... arggg i wish I could find it!! it was an amazing site. dedicated to GM vehicles

Old 04-19-2013, 01:52 AM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

I ran the VIN for an '87 Safari van through CompNine and it came up with nothing. I ended up finding the GM factory VIN decoding chart and getting the information I needed from that.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:24 AM
BF Veteran

The site that someone posted on here was simply amazing, when I looked it up before. I found out it was made on Feb-23rd, 1993, which oddly enough is my girlfriends b-day LOL

I was really hoping to find that again so I could find out the exact color of the interior. Since it must not have been that common of a color, since LMC sells EVERY color interior piece besides what is in the jimmy.

Maybe it was compnine. I just dont remember having to give my e-mail. but great site. A lot of options on this thing that were not on a lot of trucks.

Last edited by richphotos; 04-19-2013 at 06:52 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:50 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

double post

Last edited by abig84; 04-19-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:52 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

Chevy VIN, Trim Tag and Drivetrain Information & Decoding

not sure if thats it, but thats a good site to keep bookmarked, theres a good page in there about decoding chevy engines with the suffix numbers

Old 04-20-2013, 02:42 AM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by richphotos
The site that someone posted on here was simply amazing, when I looked it up before. I found out it was made on Feb-23rd, 1993, which oddly enough is my girlfriends b-day LOL

I was really hoping to find that again so I could find out the exact color of the interior. Since it must not have been that common of a color, since LMC sells EVERY color interior piece besides what is in the jimmy.

Maybe it was compnine. I just dont remember having to give my e-mail. but great site. A lot of options on this thing that were not on a lot of trucks.
It may well have been CompNine. They shut down for a little while and reopened as a much more restrictive site which requires registering your email.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: vin lookup