Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Vocal Booth

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 10:51 PM
djdrew010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vocal Booth

One of my buddies is an up and coming music producer out of Detroit and he wants me to build a Vocal Booth (Isolation Booth) for him in his basement. I'm extremely good at building things but I really have no clue on how to start on this. I've done some searching and the stuff that comes up is not really all that relevant at "Building" everything is more so getting the right pitches and frequencies. I was thinking of just framing it out and maybe putting some type of insulation between the drywall or framing it out and putting some cinder blocks with sand inside to make it full out sound proof (but that would be expensive and not to mention the acoustics might not be too good). Like I said I'm really good at building but the engineering part on this one is extreme to me, not knowing a whole lot about this type of structure. This is where you the forum members come in and try to give me some ideas. The space is approx 6'x4', He wants a window in it and of course a door (which should be big enough to fit a drum set and what ever other instruments he wants in the with ease). So I wanted to ask what are your guys ideas?

Old 12-17-2008, 08:36 PM
SmokeU is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Vocal Booth

I know a dude who just lined his clauset with mattresses...

Old 12-18-2008, 09:03 AM
BGwood88 is an unknown quantity at this point

foam and alot of egg cartons

Old 12-18-2008, 02:30 PM
djdrew010 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea he had the closest with mattresses, he wants something more professional because he is constantly having people come in and out while recording. I have my idea put together i did a little more research on google and found some more info.