The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Wha?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 10:47 PM
myol blue4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FlatTopFoley
someone will always be offended on the internet.
I'd have to agree, can't please everyone. But then again this is kind of a bit extreme. I wonder if this was brought about by people complaining?

Old 12-17-2009, 10:51 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

This was most definitely brought on by people complaining. But honestly, most of you that are complaining about the notice are a being a bit out there as well. Get over it. Seems like the thoughts behind the notice aren't even setting in to some that have commented thus far.

The message should only display once per browser session anyhow... Barely an annoyance for the regulars...

Old 12-18-2009, 12:29 AM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by chiefum
I find that statement offensive.
lol

Originally Posted by FlatTopFoley
someone will always be offended on the internet.
im offended by black text

Old 12-18-2009, 01:07 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by cbr995
I have to agree. Some people just take things to personal. If it wasn't directed at a person, then don't think about it. Besides, it's the internet.

Don't believe everything on the internet. That's how WWII started.

We can blame the internet for alot of things but we can't blame it for WWII, just joking around don't take offence.

Old 12-18-2009, 01:13 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Not sure what this is all about but, I think we should all get over it & on with it. Life's too short to get worked up about anything.

Old 12-18-2009, 03:07 AM
Starting Member
Bad Attitude is on a distinguished road

seems everyone is getting worked up over nothing there are always going to be some people who are offended by something and unfortunately the PC ***** will always be out there, either at work or at play

Old 12-18-2009, 05:57 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Those who get offended easily should stay off the internet.

Old 12-18-2009, 08:49 AM
96Blazernut is an unknown quantity at this point

I know people as I think we all do, who make an effort to be offended at the smallest things. I'm like "GROW UP get a life"!

*Gets off soapbox*

On one of the other forums I was on, we had a section called "Rants & Raves" topics there got rather heated at times. That was where the nutcases came to play!!!

BTW I'm offended by everything!!! ROFLMAO

Old 12-18-2009, 11:35 AM
Beginning Member
B5Bee is on a distinguished road

Ya know, this had the potential to be a really fun thread.

If every third post is going to be a threat or warning about not offending anyone, ever, it's not worth participating. If that's the case, we're pretty much limited to posting plain-vanilla innocuous stuff like LOLcats*. A thread like this isn't FUN if you're too busy worrying about hurting someone's fragile sensibilities. You might as well lock it back up.

I definitely agree with staying away from vulgar stuff or pics that are borderline ****, but c'mon....

The hottub hunter pic I posted could have offended vegetarians or the Sierra Club.

The John McCain Scotch pic I posted could have offended the Alcoholics Anonymous people or US Senators.

The AR15/Chainsaw pic I posted could have offended the NRA, Lumberjacks, or the People for the Ethical Treatment of Zombies.

So... I deleted all of the pics I posted. The heck with it. I'll restrict my postings to Blazer-related subjects only. (unless that offends Jeep owners)

*Disclaimer: This is not to say I do not find some LOLcats pics funny. It was merely an example. It was not my intention to offend any LOLcats themselves or LOLcats fans.

Last edited by swartlkk; 12-18-2009 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Added link back to the Funny Pics thread since I moved this side conversation to the other thread...
Old 12-18-2009, 11:41 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You do realize that the warnings are for those that are offended to get them to take a step back and take a second look at the material in question. The same rules apply to those of you posting in this section as have always applied. They are called THE RULES OF THE FORUM...

Getting all worked up over this such as some of you have is no worse than those that see something and immediately take it so personally that they rant about it. Take your own advice!

And B5Bee, how childish can you be...? Deleting your posts... I feel like there should be a principles office somewhere around here.