Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

what cell phone you rockin?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 07:44 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I missed Pat's post...every carrier in Canada has the iphone right now.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:51 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Apparently so lol. Makes sense though, especially since Bell and Telus keep hopping the fence lol.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:50 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Well they're essentially the same thing. Two different carriers, but the same network. Personally I prefer Telus...but I have the ut-most hatred for Bell lol. Not only because I would for the competition, because my hatred started long before I worked here. It's all customer service...I can honestly say Bell has the worst customer service I've ever had in my entire life.
But then again that's all a matter of opinion. No matter who you ask everyone has a horror story about a cell phone company. They're all terrible lol.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:07 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Yup, a big problem is that Bell Mobility, Expressvu, Internet, and Phone are ALL CONSIDERED DIFFERENT COMPANIES under the bell name... your internet goes down? Internet doesn't want to pay the phone tech to go out and fix your problem... It'd take 5 minutes to fix, just walk up to the cross box, call the guy in the central office and wire your house to a new cable pair at both ends of the underground cable. I work in that central office and that's my job is to get dial tone and high speed to the Bell end of that underground cable. I know when we can and a guy's out doing a phone repair, if the internet's down too we'll fix that. I'll get alot of calls during the day "can you run a sync/ping test for me?" "Works on my end" "Okay, lets swing the pair..." 2 minutes BOOM internet's back up and he calls assignment to make sure the records show that new pair.

Highspeed over copper has a very low tolerance to resistance variation... so if a pair gets wet (literally, not just a jargen term) the phone may still work (sometimes it'll be noisy) but the internet will take a dump. That's when the phone call to 310-Surf is made and they get the "Oh you phone wokking? Phone not pwoblem... we send you modem because modem may be pwoblem! Be there 2 days ok? Bye!" And then we get an Alex as a result... especially people who work from home who can't go 2 days without internet... especially if the modem wasn't the problem in the first place. That's when East Link or the cable company gets called to come and put their cable DSL in because They'll do it the same day! Back when call centers were local it was much better, but that was 20 yrs ago...

Old 03-22-2010, 09:23 AM
BF Veteran

That's interesting. I wasn't aware that each service is considered a different branch under the "Bell Canada" umbrella. I knew Mobility was considered separate, but I didn't know about HSI/phone. At least with us it's fairly straight forward. You have your residential department...and your business department. We do all services depending on what type of location it is. I'm not sure how it will work though when we launch wireless. There's probably going to be a whole other part of the company for mobility/wireless.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:57 AM
Beginning Member
Mike's4x4 is on a distinguished road

Blackberry Curve. Best phone I have had yet.

Old 03-29-2010, 05:10 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mike's4x4
Blackberry Curve. Best phone I have had yet.
Mike, I'm glad too brought this back. I got the blackberry storm v2 and am currently using it for this post. I'm connected to wifi and its amazing for me

Old 03-30-2010, 08:51 AM
Starting Member
wheelhead4x4 is on a distinguished road

Palm Pixi from Sprint. And I am also using it to post this too.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:35 AM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

went from the LG 5500 awesome little phone..but no room for card memory for all the pics i take...to the Samsung R451C YAYYY my first qwerty keyboard phone..i'm a texting FOOOOOOL now lol

Old 03-30-2010, 09:59 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by MTopper
Mike, I'm glad too brought this back. I got the blackberry storm v2 and am currently using it for this post. I'm connected to wifi and its amazing for me
Blackberry Storm v2 is just epic... I had the first one and this second one is about 1 million times better and I love it!

Quick Reply: what cell phone you rockin?