Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

What Does Everyone Do For a Living??

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 09:07 PM
Starting Member
chiefum is on a distinguished road

Electrician............been with the same company for about 12 years.
We do residential commercial and agricultural......do some part time work for an electrical testing company too.....we go into big factories and mills and test and maintain their electrical systems.

Last edited by chiefum; 09-04-2010 at 09:10 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Logan is on a distinguished road

Got my ACZ license. Working for a freight company doing freight deliveries. Best job ever. Get to drive around, deliver to malls filled with hot chicks, and get a great workout unloading freight.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

after 14 months of unemployment I have been working at flat metal/bar processing corp. since may different but I like it currently straightening/polishing steel bars (mostly for timken to make their bearings out of) just won a bid on a peeler though so will be switching machines and shifts (and a $3/hr raise)

Old 09-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still working for ITT Goulds Pumps as a product engineer, but I have moved over to the Industrial Products division (just across town). I work with much larger and more specialized stuff now.

Old 09-04-2010, 10:30 PM
jdespain is on a distinguished road

Currently unemployed after serving six years as a maintenance supervisor for a local factory. However, I am a full time student now and have only 1 1/2 semesters left to complete my associates degree in electronics specialization.

Old 09-04-2010, 10:56 PM
Starting Member
mattjphoto is on a distinguished road

I graduated w/ my degree in photography a few years ago. I was working for sports photography company, an athletic dept for a university but gave it all up to move to Colorado to live in the mountains....So right now I'm working for Best Buy (been w/ the company almost 7 yrs).

Old 09-04-2010, 11:04 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

General Service Tech at Valvoline Express Care.
Doesn't pay enough, but it gets me through for now.

Old 09-05-2010, 02:14 AM
Starting Member
BresBlazy will become famous soon enough

Oil Panter, Tattoo designer and Receptionist for an Office design company....AND A MOM.

Old 09-05-2010, 02:53 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Wow, this thread has been around while. LOL

When I joined I was building campervans & motorhomes.

Since then I took a job as an assistant facilities manager & recently, when the company lost the contract to look after the buildings I worked in, the new company, asked me to join them & keep looking after the buildings I was with.
This got me promoted to full facilities manager & a 40% pay rise. I can't complain about that except that I now look after 6 office blocks, a multi level car park and 2 industrial properties one a warehouse, the other a transport depot.
I also share the workload with another facilities manager on the entertainment complex (foodcourt, pubs & movies) in Auckland city center as there is too much for one guy on that one.

Old 09-05-2010, 04:10 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Just got off a stint in the clink stamping licence plates for offin' that fool a few years back.

J/K

I moved back from BC a few months ago, and got my old job back. So now Im a Hiway 9 Express dude again. I work at the Edmonton distribution center, which is the largerst H9 terminal. We do overnight and sameday LTL shipping to southern Alberta. I work the distribution shift, so we empty the Edmonton inbounds and then set it up for delivery in the morning. I do a little forklift work on the crossdock, and mostly do the paperwork and computer stuff up in the office and shunt some trailers when needed. Im like a coordinator and I go all night long, 5 times a week. Heres what it looks like at my work.

From the main street entry

Half of the Edmonton fleet standing at attention.

Looking down the crossdock from the office

What it looks like shunting a 53 foot trailer at night

Hard at work.

Im also a part time jigollo that works for breakfast.

Last edited by ohsofly; 09-05-2010 at 05:13 AM.

Quick Reply: What Does Everyone Do For a Living??