Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

What Does Everyone Do For a Living??

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 01:20 AM
zerepdivad is on a distinguished road

Fulltime mobile electronics installer, and part time student.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:05 AM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

I work on a Natural Gas Pipeline, we have three 2700hp 34,500cu.in. 2-cycle turbo charged Clark TLA-8 engines, and two turbines. One is a 4,000hp Solar Centaur and the other is a 10,000hp Solar Mars. I help maintain these engines, test gas meters, chromatographs, take care of pipeline encroachments, install and work on PLC's, RTU's and take care of the computer systems that run it all.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:25 AM
DoubleSh0t is on a distinguished road

Full-time student, but also working an internship/part-time job in IT Support / Networking. I also do some freelance work as a "technology consultant." Anything from PC support, home/small business networking, home theater, websites.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:51 AM
Joemakerman is on a distinguished road

Right now I'm just working at Auntie Anne's making pretels lol.

But I'm in a night class with a buddy of mine for HVAC. He's starting a business with his step dad and after my apprenticeship I plan to work with them, assuming the business works out, which it should.

-Joe

Old 10-19-2010, 10:23 AM
montecarlogrrl is on a distinguished road

I work at a distribution center.. I cut boxes open and put them on a shelf. Sucks but it pays the bills. Been looking for something better.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:41 PM
Starting Member
blazen one is on a distinguished road

im a sheetmetal worker

Old 10-22-2010, 05:29 PM
Beginning Member
Mike's4x4 is on a distinguished road

Outside Sales Account Manager. Selling CNC machined plastic and metal parts in WI and MN.

Old 10-24-2010, 07:50 PM
Beginning Member
scanlojs is on a distinguished road

high school student and work part time at Sobeys in the produce dept!

Old 10-24-2010, 08:43 PM
Silver00LT is on a distinguished road

Soon to be resigning and move onto another field other than RESTAURANT/FAST SERVICE!!!!!!!! I got a promotion that did not have a raise yet it tripled my current headache. I am still a Assistant Manager, but I was tagged also with the COMPLETE training/retraining of 36 employees and 3 other managers under me. If I was getting more than 9.09/hr I would like it. But its PAY<STRESS and not PAY>STRESS so it is not worth it. Plus I work all weekends and not a set schedule so its hurting my family time with my boys who I only see a set schedule with the ex.

Dare someone to say fast food management is not stressful...try working under my district manager.

Old 10-24-2010, 10:42 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

^I always imagined that being a horrid job. That's like if I get a drive thru order messed up and the person with me is like "Go inside and raise hell, how hard can thier job be?!" I always shake my head in disbelief. I worked in the kitchen of a mom and pop made from scratch resturant and that was the most hectic fast job I've had hands down!

Currently working production. Loading/unloading trucks for Cintas, the uniform company. At $9.82 a hour right now. Always looking for something better. Never stop looking untill I'm dead, lol.

Quick Reply: What Does Everyone Do For a Living??