Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

What Does Everyone Do For a Living??

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 09:36 AM
Starting Member
gaspricessuckk is on a distinguished road

I now work 3 12 hour days at staples distribution center, working full case selecting the big and heavy items

Old 07-10-2011, 11:22 AM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I work for American Express in their call center doing merchant support for credit card processors. To explain how that works, if you are a business and you accept credit cards you go through a processor that gives you a terminal to run them. They in turn process the data and forward to the card providers (AMEX, Visa, MC, Discover, JCB, etc) to pay out. So in order to run these charges the businesses need accounts setup through the different card companies and their processor takes care of setting those up. I work in a department that does order support and maintenance for those orders.

Its not a bad gig and pays pretty well but I'm trying to get out of call center work and into IT support since I just finished my bachelors degree 2 weeks ago and its what I've always wanted to do.

Old 07-10-2011, 05:53 PM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

full time job - Detention officer at County Jail.

Paperwork is going through for my re enlistment though gents!!!

Old 07-11-2011, 07:07 PM
rhines2010 is on a distinguished road

I work in the construction buisness

Old 07-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Beginning Member
reapher is on a distinguished road

I run a little repair shop, been doing mostly electrical work since we got into installing ignition interlocks(breathalyzer). Although I hate doing that to many of the cars I work on because it's hard to enjoy the vehicle with them installed, its a nice little market niche since not many other shops around do that yet

Old 07-20-2011, 10:32 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Just added HID install and sales. A couple buddies and I have come up with HighLife Customs. A couple of my friends are body work and paint, while I'm stereo, HID and wiring. So far 1 HID install. Kid bought a cheap ($140) kit and had flickering and strobeing so I made relays, then capacitors, then resistors. Then I thought maybe I should try my kit. Worked like a charm. Hooked the relays back up for extra protection. Just goes to show you that just because a kit is expensive, doesn't mean its good.

The same guy that I installed HIDs for also wants a *hit load of other work. Priced out over $1000 in more stuff.

There was a red jetta too, just no pics

Last edited by zedartwo; 07-20-2011 at 11:01 PM. Reason: pics
Old 07-20-2011, 11:00 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by zedartwo
Just added HID install and sales. A couple buddies and I have come up with HighLife Customs. A couple of my friends are body work and paint, while I'm stereo, HID and wiring. So far 1 HID install. Kid bought a cheap ($140) kit and had flickering and strobeing so I made relays, then capacitors, then resistors. Then I thought maybe I should try my kit. Worked like a charm. Hooked the relays back up for extra protection. Just goes to show you that just because a kit is expensive, doesn't mean its good.

3 Paint jobs done. I'll try to get pics of them for you soon.

The same guy that I installed relays for also wants a *hit load of other work. Priced out over $1000 in more stuff.
Now THAT sounds like fun! Can I be a secretary or something?? Please?

Old 07-20-2011, 11:06 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by RangerG
Now THAT sounds like fun! Can I be a secretary or something?? Please?
Haha If you lived a little closer, I mean ALOT closer lol.

I'm pretty excited. The guy said he likes chrome and money is no worry to him. He wants paint and stereo on top of that lol. Plus he said he can get me lots of business. I told him installs were free for him from that point on. So 2 more DDM HID kits and ALOOOOOT of chrome lol

Old 07-22-2011, 01:29 AM
leeclark is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm a welder/fabricator. i work for a company called delta star. we make mobile and power transformers.

Old 07-22-2011, 02:05 AM
Starting Member
red06sc is on a distinguished road

Im a support service tech at american medical response, i do everything.

Quick Reply: What Does Everyone Do For a Living??