Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

what the hell is wrong with people?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 12:47 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light
Default what the hell is wrong with people?

a couple of things happened last week that made me go "WTF?!?".

the day after i did the rocker guard to my bug deflector (this was last Monday) some ***-hat next door (@ work) leans right on the front driver's corner of my truck, pushing the bug guard onto the fender & scratching it!

he of course denies that he actually scratched it. which is kinda hard to believe since i just had it off like 18 hours before that!!

that was kinda minor (but still pissed me off royally), but a couple of days later, i'm talking to my Dad, and he tells me about what the mechanic @ his work did on the previous Saturday (the 15th).

i'll let the pictures talk before i tell you what happened.

the car owner (Nick) drives his Subie like it's a WRC car (and it is done a bit, so that doesn't help), and is known to take his car down into the pit from time to time (my Dad works @ a sand & gravel pit).

well.........this Saturday, Nick convinces the apprentice mechanic Kyle, to go for a run around the pit with him. Kyle has never driven with Nick before, but has seen him drive, so he figures Nick knows what he's doing (big mistake!)

he ended up rolling the car 6 times-and wasn't wearing a seat belt! (apparently he never does), so out the door he went.

he has 4 broken vertebrae, 5 cracked ribs, dislocated shoulder, broken leg, lacerated spleen, and a severe concussion.

the apprentice just got bumps/bruises, and a few lacerations (mostly to his upper body and right arm). considering the hole in the passenger's side of the widshied, i'd say he got off pretty lucky!

so.........a week later, and Nick (the owner/driver of the car) is now laying the blame on Kyle, since he said, "Holy S**t! do you know how fast you're going!?!", @ which point he says he looked down to see what he was talking about, and he then lost control 'cause he was "distracted".

can you believe this guy!

oh yeah, the icing on the cake, this guy (Nick) isn't some dumb kid, he's 50 yrs old.

and for the candle on the cake?.................no insurance on the car (which was his DD), so now he's out the car ('cause it's kinda totalled), and he'll be losing his job (i would guess) since he'll be in the hospital for quite awhile.

lucky for him, the cops can't nail for anything like "reckless driving" or not having valid insurance, since it all happened on private property.

kinda makes you shake your head sometimes, eh.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:36 AM
Starting Member
chiefum is on a distinguished road

Damn..........sorry to hear about your truck getting scratched.....that sucks. Also glad the passenger in the car didn't get hurt bad......while the driver got what he deserved.

Old 05-26-2010, 02:25 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I seem to have a bigger problem with girls wanting to lean on **** and not watching what they are doing when they open their doors. Also, too bad the passenger got injured but I bet the driver sure learned his lesson.

Last edited by 84BlazerS10; 05-26-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:17 PM
CNYCountryKidd is on a distinguished road

His dad didn't get injured.. he's the one who told him about it.

Old 05-26-2010, 03:56 PM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point

What I find most amazing is that the guy is 50. He has the maturity of a 10 year old.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:37 AM
Joemakerman is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Psychropod
What I find most amazing is that the guy is 50. He has the maturity of a 10 year old.
I was thinking the same thing, it's crazy how some people just don't grow up.

-Joe

Old 05-27-2010, 09:08 AM
96Blazernut is an unknown quantity at this point

The moral of the Subie story? ALWAYS wear your seatbelt. I have noticed the WRC drivers seem to buckle theirs while on the racecourse. A coincidence? You decide.

PS. You can't fix stupid.

Old 05-30-2010, 11:28 AM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chiefum
Damn..........sorry to hear about your truck getting scratched.....that sucks. Also glad the passenger in the car didn't get hurt bad......while the driver got what he deserved.
Originally Posted by Psychropod
What they said