Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

What hobbies do you have?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 11:51 AM
b1heqh54 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BresBlazy
Theres this place near us...(we are close to disneyland, like 10 mins) called Hobby city, they have this shop that has everything you could ever dream of for building model anything! its SOOO cool.
I couldn't live there lol - I'd be in therapy.

A tortoise! Man, there's a first for everything. lol One day, you should go feed some happy free ones in the Galapogos Islands; then there won't be any money left for the motorcycle!

Old 09-01-2010, 12:11 PM
Starting Member
BresBlazy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by b1heqh54
I couldn't live there lol - I'd be in therapy.

A tortoise! Man, there's a first for everything. lol One day, you should go feed some happy free ones in the Galapogos Islands; then there won't be any money left for the motorcycle!
Well I hate it here...I grew up driving out to MN and IL every other summer....I need green and mud and bugs and wild life....I dont like fake people, crowds, traffic, lines everywhere you go.....it sucks.

I want a small place, in the woods with my cow! maybe some chickens LOL

HAHAHA theres no money for the motorcycle NOW PSH!

Old 09-01-2010, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by BresBlazy
I dont like fake people, crowds, traffic, lines everywhere you go.....it sucks.
A woman with a rachet in her hand doesn't like fake people!??? Who would've guessed. Got any advice on trappin' a grease monkey of the female persuasion? Maybe I should park my Blazer on the side of the highway just down from the mall with my hood up and my shirt off...lol)

The only thing wrong with green and mud around here, is what you get for the other six months!

Survivor Man takes on a new meaning when you get away from lol You'd better have a few essentials in the back of your Blazer up here if you plan on going fishing or wood cutting in February.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Starting Member

A woman with a rachet in her hand doesn't like fake people!??? Who would've guessed. Got any advice on trappin' a grease monkey of the female persuasion? Maybe I should park my Blazer on the side of the highway just down from the mall with my hood up and my shirt off...lol)

The only thing wrong with green and mud around here, is what you get for the other six months!

Survivor Man takes on a new meaning when you get away from lol You'd better have a few essentials in the back of your Blazer up here if you plan on going fishing or wood cutting in February.

Yeah...not many people understand me...its a crap shoot down here.

I dont know where you would find a girl like that....maybe it would be easier there than here? ....I want to move to Oregon....someday I will.

HA HA nice idea....if you do take a picture!
IDK, here, you could find a girl like that but she could be a total B! all mean and trying to prove something all the time....im better than you...bla bla bla
Women are evil, I dont have more than 2 good girl friends because of the drama...I dont do that crap, cant handle it...

Old 09-01-2010, 01:48 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Hi Bre - cool topic, I like seeing some of the things us crazy Blazer owners get up to

hmmmm, I guess I should contribute lol

Well, I scuba dive because I live in one of the best places in the world to see well preserved historic shipwrecks from the past - because of the deep cold fresh water in the great lakes. Bones and old clothes shrouded in silence and darkness from a time before man could fly make for a pretty good excuse to drink beer.

When I'm trapped by the cold Canadian winters (which should happen a lot less with my new 33's!) I build replicas of WWII fighter planes and then cast them in fibreglass moulds. Once I have a mould, then I build flying RC models by laying up fibreglass in the moulds over balsa and ply structures. I've documented my latest one on a youtube channel (I just had a look for the first time in a while - almost a 1/4 million views! never woulda thought) with "how-to" videos to help others who want to give it a go, so I'll put a couple pics below.
Nice P-40. Are going to paint it Flying Tigers colors or be more original and pick a different unit/color patten?

Old 09-01-2010, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by DKSDAD
Nice P-40. Are going to paint it Flying Tigers colors or be more original and pick a different unit/color patten?
Thank you very much sir.

The first one (because there will be a squadron lol) will be a tribute to Major George E. Preddy. He was denied by the Navy three times because he had scoliosis like me. (minus the rods from neck to tailbone and clamps in the pelvis lol) He didn't take no for an answer and flew a plane called Tarheel for the Army against the Japanese from Australia and was injured and sent home. He volunteered to go back and became an Ace in the European theatre. He was eventually shot down on Christmas morning while chasing two german BF-109's into friendly fire from allied guns on the ground. He was a true hero if ever there was one.

Here's something I wrote that will be engraved on a display plaque giving details of the model for static display.

Tarheel’s Lament

This is who I am.
You say that I’m alone,
But all the words that live with me,
Are voices in my Home.
I see through someone else’s eyes,
Who sits upon a hill.
He watches over all of you,
With only time to kill.
He sees you rushing to and fro,
In your effort to keep up.
A valiant struggle made in vain:
So tragic you’re tied up.
The ropes are made of fear and greed.
It’s no longer about the things we need.
Your fathers won that long before,
So that you would have no need for War.
But you deserve to have the things,
They tell you that you want.
Self-righteous indignation,
Now fuels their evil plot.
I wonder what the ghosts would say,
Of those who gave their lives:
To see you sell your FREEDOM,
For a burger and some fries.
And now you see I’m not alone.
Their ghosts now live with me.
Sitting on a hilltop:
Words, Ghosts, and Me.
JAMG

Attached Thumbnails What hobbies do you have?-tarheel.jpg   What hobbies do you have?-gpreddy_1.jpg   What hobbies do you have?-gpreddy_3.jpg  

Last edited by b1heqh54; 09-01-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Starting Member

thats beautiful! my papa (moms dad) was in the CIA....the government has screwed him with getting help for his mental issues because of the crap he did....I never understood his loyalty untill the day I asked him if he had been in the CIA and he said yes.....he was one of the first frog men, he was at bikini atol, he was in Vietnam, in the navy for YEARS, was a cop, an MP, missed his family grow up and now at 82 he cant even get the medical help he needs.....

To each his own but I wash my hands of this f-d up government.

Old 09-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't get me started Bres my father in law was in vietnam too (cambodia to be exact) he is so f'd up from their agent orange crap not to mention my wife, her brother and my oldest son ...think they will give any of them any half decent medical help? not a chance.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:10 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Thank you very much sir.

The first one (because there will be a squadron lol) will be a tribute to Major George E. Preddy. He was denied by the Navy three times because he had scoliosis like me. (minus the rods from neck to tailbone and clamps in the pelvis lol) He didn't take no for an answer and flew a plane called Tarheel for the Army against the Japanese from Australia and was injured and sent home. He volunteered to go back and became an Ace in the European theatre. He was eventually shot down on Christmas morning while chasing two german BF-109's into friendly fire from allied guns on the ground. He was a true hero if ever there was one.

Here's something I wrote that will be engraved on a display plaque giving details of the model for static display.

Tarheel’s Lament

This is who I am.

You say that I’m alone,

But all the words that live with me,

Are voices in my Home.

I see through someone else’s eyes,

Who sits upon a hill.

He watches over all of you,

With only time to kill.

He sees you rushing to and fro,

In your effort to keep up.

A valiant struggle made in vain:

So tragic you’re tied up.

The ropes are made of fear and greed.

It’s no longer about the things we need.

Your fathers won that long before,

So that you would have no need for War.

But you deserve to have the things,

They tell you that you want.

Self-righteous indignation,

Now fuels their evil plot.

I wonder what the ghosts would say,

Of those who gave their lives:

To see you sell your FREEDOM,

For a burger and some fries.

And now you see I’m not alone.

Their ghosts now live with me.

Sitting on a hilltop:

Words, Ghosts, and Me.

JAMG

Old 09-02-2010, 07:47 AM
m3ch is on a distinguished road

Well my name is ken, I like to play soccer whenever i can (not very often) I have a son who turns one a month after, we both have birthdays on the 28th, me in sept, him in oct, i think my dad is aug 28th.......kinda weird lol, im 17 so i havent yet seen much =D but i like to mess with the truck or any car, off roading in the forest of minnesota (up north) uhhhhhh annnnnnnd thats about it?........oh yeah xbox =D and computer.....i like to mess around in Fruity Loops sometimes........

Quick Reply: What hobbies do you have?