Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

What hobbies do you have?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 12:11 PM
Starting Member
BresBlazy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Outsydr
Don't get me started Bres my father in law was in vietnam too (cambodia to be exact) he is so f'd up from their agent orange crap not to mention my wife, her brother and my oldest son ...think they will give any of them any half decent medical help? not a chance.

YOU KNOW! my moms side has all kinds of health issues, I always said its prob from all the agent orange!!!

I make sure my fam eats EXTREAMLY healthy, excerise, low sodeum, not alot of sugar, home cook everything!

Im 5'3 and 110 lbs....should be the pillar of health!
I have high cholesterol, kidney stones and pre cervical cancer cells....
I have not had ins for 4 years....just got some through my new job. No one cares about people like us.

Old 09-02-2010, 03:22 PM
1sexyblzr is on a distinguished road

My most favorite hobby is getting this

Old 09-02-2010, 04:59 PM
Starting Member
Frankiesurf is on a distinguished road

I do ALOT of surf fishing for Stripers. More of an addiction than a hobby. I do a bit of freshwater fishing as well but only when the Bass aren't around. Nothing like hooking into a 30 lb fish. Skishing is also part of my hobby. That is when you don a wetsuit and fins and swim out into the current and fish while floating along with tide. There is absolutely nothing like it. I am also the President of the NY chapter of Stripercoast Surfcasters. A fishing club dedicated to the conservation of Striped Bass. I only take home one or two fish a year. The rest swim off to live their happy little fish lives.

I play bass. not in a band now and may never again but still like to tool around with it cranked full blast of course. I have been in a few bands in the past. From thrash to death metal to pop punk to straight up punk. It was a great time but such a hassle. I am already married but being in a band is also like being married to your bandmates without the sex and more drama.

I was collecting records (that would be vinyl for you kids out there) for a while and still find a few I want occasionally. Mostly old metal, punk and rock and roll like the NY Dolls, Iggy and the Stooges etc.

It is pretty cool that you have a rescue Bre, my wife and I know a couple that run a chinchilla rescue. We of course have a few. Our first one died because his heart was bad. We think it was because it was too big as he was a real sweetheart. We now have his mate and their two daughters plus a bratty little guy named Jin.

We also have a cockatiel that was rescued from a guy who left the poor thing alone for 16 hours a day, his name is Ziggy (as in Ziggy Stardust, google it kids).

Our dog was rescued from the pound after the landlords we had just decided they didn't want him any more. We got him from the pound and hid him in the apartment for a month, only walking him in the dead of night and when no one was home. He is now MUCH happier than he ever was and even more well behaved.

All of these critters are less of a hobby and more like a full time job.

My last hobby is probably washing my truck. I get to it at least once a week. That baby does shine up pretty nice!

Here is Ziggy, Jin (pronounced Gene), Me and Coco and me with a 25 lb bass.

Attached Thumbnails What hobbies do you have?-beach-7-1-2008002.jpg   What hobbies do you have?-random-pets-pics-6.jpg   What hobbies do you have?-dscn4662.jpg   What hobbies do you have?-frank-huge-fish-022.jpg   What hobbies do you have?-frank-huge-fish-001.jpg  

Old 09-02-2010, 05:35 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

I do a few other things to.

heres me with a small Northern Pike. My favorite fish to catch.

Our rivers have these tasty fish in them, its a Walleye

I do some birdwatching, this is one of my favorites, this juvenile Golden Eagle in washington let me get real close to it. GE's are my favorite predatory bird.

And a Bald Eagle, this one didnt want me so close, he flew away just after the photo.

I caught this little yellow finch cruising around my office last night and wandering on my desk. Easy to catch, then tough to get rid of. It was quite content to just sit in my warm hand, but I had work to do and she had to go outside.

I have a pet bunny. Shes about 6 months now, this is when I had just got her. Shes a Lionhead. Silent Betty is her name.

I like to catch crabs whenever I can get near saltwater. That top left one had the biggest claws I have ever seen.

I am excellent at getting wildlife to eat from my hand, and that trait rubbed on on my last GF's kids too. This bird swallowed that chicken leg WHOLE when she let go of it, it was awesome. Poor bird.

Rainbow trout. These are from a friends trout farm. They were good.

The brother with a decent lake Whitefish.

The smallest Striped Perch I have ever caught. When these are about 12 inches long they are great eating!!! And in spring they have bright orange bellies.

The meanest animal in fresh water. You americans have River Gars, and they are mean fish, but nothing compares to the ferocity of the Northern Pike. This kid caught a decent one, its about 8 pounds. A full grown pike can eat an adult duck whole, and down in eastern canada they have Muskellunge, and they have been known to take small dogs while people throw sticks into the lake for the dogs... A big pike is about 4 feet long, and a big Muskie can be 6 feet.

Last edited by ohsofly; 09-02-2010 at 05:44 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:56 PM
jdespain is on a distinguished road

At this point in my life, my biggest hobby is spending time with my beautiful wife and kids when I can (taking 23 hours this semester and lots of homework). I also am trying to work alot with my new blood-hound, "Annabelle". Also, there is the occassional off-road adventure in "Critter II".

Attached Thumbnails What hobbies do you have?-jdespain%5B2%5D.jpg  
Old 09-02-2010, 08:44 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

guess I forgot to mention I have a bird too. He's a pineapple conure and his name is Smitty

Old 09-02-2010, 08:59 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Looks like you clip his wings? I dont clip Cleos wings, she never wants to or tried to fly anyways. I leave her cage open 24/7 and shes never off of it. Birds are awesome.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:45 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

well I just bought him in april he's still a baby. I don't plan on getting his wings clipped. I had a parakeet before him and never had his wings clipped, he liked to fly around in the basement and when he was done he'd go back in his cage

Old 09-02-2010, 11:35 PM
Starting Member
degaine_designs is on a distinguished road

My hobbies used to include racing BMX. I used to also ride from one end of the Coachella Valley (Palm Springs, CA to Coachella, CA) and back with my friends every weekend. I used to ride something like 200 miles a week. Since I moved to Jersey five years ago, I've ridden about 50 miles total. Looking to get back to riding when I move back in October.

Nowadays my hobby and work blend. I do freelance illustration and graphic design. In what little spare time I have I work on the Jimma Jam little by little. Oh, and I play Modern Warfare. That's about it. Not much of a life, heh. :/

Old 09-03-2010, 03:49 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

I play bass guitar in a band. Thats probably my biggest hobby along with home renovation projects. The band I'm in does everything from Hendrix, AC/DC, and other classics, to Shinedown, Godsmack, and pretty much everything in between. We even fart around with Oh What A Night by Frankie Valli lol.

Originally Posted by BresBlazy
YOU KNOW! my moms side has all kinds of health issues, I always said its prob from all the agent orange!!!

I make sure my fam eats EXTREAMLY healthy, excerise, low sodeum, not alot of sugar, home cook everything!

Im 5'3 and 110 lbs....should be the pillar of health!
I have high cholesterol, kidney stones and pre cervical cancer cells....
I have not had ins for 4 years....just got some through my new job. No one cares about people like us.
I hear you on the kidney stones but for a different reason: I have 3 kidneys, one is slightly smaller than the rest so thus I am prone to them as well. I have found that the key to fighting those is in my liquid consumption. I drink 1 8oz glass of real OJ in the morning, 100 oz of water, and 1 beer a day. This has kept me stone-free for 4 years. When I was 17 the Dr. told my dad that the acidity in the OJ helps prevent and break up deposits, the water keeps your system clean, and something in beer also prevents build up but IDR what part at the moment. Not sure how much of this you already knew, but if I can help anyone prevent a stone then I've done my good deed to humanity. Nothing more painful in this world than a jagged rock being lodged in your system.

Quick Reply: What hobbies do you have?