Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

What hobbies do you have?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 04:32 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Living through a heart attack at 29 was pretty painful too... Im in decent shape too, its just thats what kills every man in my dads side of the family.

Old 09-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Starting Member
BresBlazy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ohsofly
Living through a heart attack at 29 was pretty painful too... Im in decent shape too, its just thats what kills every man in my dads side of the family.

THATS CRAZY!!!!!

I thought I was having heart attacks untill I found out I am deathly allergic to Onions!!! go figure!

Heart desease big time on both sides of my fam too

Old 09-03-2010, 06:08 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ohsofly
...You americans have River Gars, and they are mean fish...
Nah, gars aren't mean at all, they just look that way, but they do put up one hell of a fight if you hook them, especially the Alligator Gars.

Originally Posted by Phil
...I hear you on the kidney stones but for a different reason: I have 3 kidneys, one is slightly smaller than the rest so thus I am prone to them as well. I have found that the key to fighting those is in my liquid consumption. I drink 1 8oz glass of real OJ in the morning, 100 oz of water, and 1 beer a day. This has kept me stone-free for 4 years. When I was 17 the Dr. told my dad that the acidity in the OJ helps prevent and break up deposits, the water keeps your system clean, and something in beer also prevents build up but IDR what part at the moment. Not sure how much of this you already knew, but if I can help anyone prevent a stone then I've done my good deed to humanity. Nothing more painful in this world than a jagged rock being lodged in your system.
I've had stones since '97 and had lithotripsy done once (imagine passing hundreds of stones over a few days). At least mine are round calcium oxylates rather than burr uric acid ones.

Old 09-03-2010, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by BresBlazy
I thought I was having heart attacks untill I found out I am deathly allergic to Onions!!!
Oh man, that sucks big time cause I LOVE ONIONS

I am very allergic to fruit that has a pit. Cherries (the worst), peaches, nectarines, plums, mangos stuff like that. An avocado has a pit I think, but no effect on me. Pit fruit wont kill me, but it makes my mouth bleed and my throat and face very itchy for a while. I can eat all that as long as its been cooked. fresh Peach juice can give me a chemical burn if its not washed off (dropped a pit down my shirt before I found out that was my allergy and had a huge bubbly burn when I got home). I can drink peach juice without a problem but not have it on my skin.

Im also allergic to marijuana, not that it keeps me from having some now and then, but if I have it on my fingers and dont wash my hands then Im in trouble and my face and eyes swell up and turn red. Like the worst redeye ever.

The heart attack felt like my heart went to redline and started misfiring, I could feel it, hear it, and see my chest heaving, then my world went black. I was weak for days after and the chest pain was terrible for a week after the attack. its never happened again, but I have cut stress out of my life now. I was stress from a woman that triggered it last time. I also am never mad now, and every day is a gift so I smile as much as I can, and do as much for others as I can, while I can.

Kidney stones must be brutal... I can imagine how long I would be crying when I peed before I manned up and went to the doctors. I usually dont go to the docs unless im unconscious in an ambulance.

You know you get a bill for $500 for an ambulance ride here...? Even though Alberta Health Care pays 100% of all medical needs of Albertans except prescription costs. Do they do that in the states too?

Last edited by ohsofly; 09-03-2010 at 10:08 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:05 PM
b1heqh54 is on a distinguished road

...my eyes swell up and turn red if I get around weed too...coincidence?

Old 09-03-2010, 10:12 PM

Yeah its strange, I thought everyone in canada smoked it...

Old 09-03-2010, 11:23 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rriddle3
I've had stones since '97 and had lithotripsy done once (imagine passing hundreds of stones over a few days). At least mine are round calcium oxylates rather than burr uric acid ones.
Yeah my dad had that about 2 years ago. He said it was like peeing sand

Old 09-04-2010, 12:18 AM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Phil
I play bass guitar in a band. Thats probably my biggest hobby along with home renovation projects. The band I'm in does everything from Hendrix, AC/DC, and other classics, to Shinedown, Godsmack, and pretty much everything in between. We even fart around with Oh What A Night by Frankie Valli lol.

I hear you on the kidney stones but for a different reason: I have 3 kidneys, one is slightly smaller than the rest so thus I am prone to them as well. I have found that the key to fighting those is in my liquid consumption. I drink 1 8oz glass of real OJ in the morning, 100 oz of water, and 1 beer a day. This has kept me stone-free for 4 years. When I was 17 the Dr. told my dad that the acidity in the OJ helps prevent and break up deposits, the water keeps your system clean, and something in beer also prevents build up but IDR what part at the moment. Not sure how much of this you already knew, but if I can help anyone prevent a stone then I've done my good deed to humanity. Nothing more painful in this world than a jagged rock being lodged in your system.
I can relate to what you are saying been there done that on the stones. Plus I have Diverticulitis. This sucks in a whole other way and I had an apendicitis. Not to mention the other pains that come with age and living.Oh and 1 more thing im a diagnosid Migrain sufferer and I might put that pain up against stones.

Old 09-04-2010, 03:25 PM
Starting Member
BresBlazy will become famous soon enough

I have passed stones 4 times...think they are the red meat kind....we dont eat anything but chicken and fish now, low to NO sodium and no dairy for me.

The last time I had stones I did not have insurance so I tried to just tough it out....3 hours later and feeling like I would pass out soon I said we gotta go...I cant take it anymore.....never cried, never complained, I have a super high pain tolorance...2 c-sections and I was totally fine, I know how to block it out.

When I did finally go in for the stones there was a guy there my age with the same thing cryin like a 2 year old, the dr did not believe I was in much pain cause my blood pressure was so low, I said I know how to lower it myself...and if you dont fing believe Im in pain I will grab you by the ***** right now and you can expiriance it yourself LOL....he believed me then.

Old 04-04-2015, 10:24 PM
Starting Member
No false Bravada is on a distinguished road

As for my hobbies, I play in a band. I'm lead vocals, rhythm guitar. I play a BC Rich KKV King V, through a Boss DS1 distortion pedal, SYB5 bass synthesizer pedal and an Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon wah pedal and a 100w Marshall amplifier. Other than that, I take martial arts classes on the weekends. I don't learn from anyone at a dojo, I learn from people who have had to apply it. One is Russian, current Spetsnaz with the Spetsnaz 2nd detached special forces brigade, served in both Chechen wars and some other things he wouldn't talk about. The other 2 come from China. One is a former PLA Marine, from the 3rd marine division and the other is his sister, with the Peoples Liberation Army, 12th Tibetan special forces.
I don't have any belts, because I'm not learning in a school. But, I'm the equivalent of a second degree black belt in ATA tae kwon do, first degree in Chu Gar southern praying mantis kung fu, as well as at least a brown belt in Shaolin style knife fighting.

Last edited by No false Bravada; 04-04-2015 at 10:27 PM.

Quick Reply: What hobbies do you have?