The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

What I am considering buying $$$

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 12:51 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Modifications very rarely add value to a vehicle, unless it's something OEM, like taking a WT and dressing it up like an LT, then you may add a couple hundred bucks to the value... other than that, 21K is too much, I just bought an 06 Sierra nicely optioned for 18.5K with only 32,000 KM's on it, that's about 19,000 miles.

Old 05-31-2010, 02:10 PM
88s10Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sisk
It would bother me not knowing how the work was done.
Or what the truck went threw after the lift...

21k seems a bit. I'de pay maybe 16k for it if I had the money to buy a toy.

Old 05-31-2010, 02:19 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Why buy something that already has every modification done to it? There's no fun in that. Plus then you'd have to tell people that you bought it like that instead of being able to tell them exactly how you did it.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:51 PM

I just saw this one today. It's a 2001 with the 8.1. Only 14,xxx miles. 44 inch tires. Very nicely done custom paint. Tons of stuff done to the motor and tranny. And obviously everything else. Now would you want this one for 1k less, or stick with the Denali?

Attached Thumbnails What I am considering buying $$$-big-chevy.jpg   What I am considering buying $$$-big-chevy2.jpg  
Old 05-31-2010, 10:03 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

I hope you got the e-mail I sent you, let me know if you have any questions.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:05 PM
Starting Member
EzTec is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 88s10Blazer
I just saw this one today. It's a 2001 with the 8.1. Only 14,xxx miles. 44 inch tires. Very nicely done custom paint. Tons of stuff done to the motor and tranny. And obviously everything else. Now would you want this one for 1k less, or stick with the Denali?
Now that is a nice truck. The Denali is pretty sweet too, but holy crap that's too much. Unless they upgraded every option with better options, then it might be worth it.

Edit: Also, the mileage isn't THAT bad. It is a little over average of 15k miles a year. 15,950/year

Last edited by EzTec; 05-31-2010 at 10:08 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:06 PM
CNYCountryKidd is on a distinguished road

If that's an '01 they did a major face lift...

Agreeing with everybody else.. don't buy something you can't modify/has been already or you'll lose interest in it and won't be able to call it "your own". Buy something stock for FAR less money than that, but still good condition and take your time making it exactly how you want it. I've only had my Blazer since last November and it was bone stock save for the flowmaster on it. I've only done a few things here and there but with each mod I love it even more.

EDIT: And the body lines are off by quite a bit on that truck... Click it full res and you'll see that it's actually kind of ugly.

Last edited by CNYCountryKidd; 05-31-2010 at 10:09 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by CNYCountryKidd
If that's an '01 they did a major face lift...

EDIT: And the body lines are off by quite a bit on that truck... Click it full res and you'll see that it's actually kind of ugly.
I actually see them a lot with the Cadillac front end conversion kit. Not a whole lot to it.

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.as...tfamilyid=2191

I just looked a little closer, the body lines are off a bit. Didn't catch it because I don't want to buy it, just take pictures and gawk at it.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:58 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I'm glad you're not buying it, the seller would just be giggling as you drove away because he would have butt hurt you on that one.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:52 PM
Starting Member
Dbam31 is on a distinguished road

well thanks for all the replies you guys. After alot of thinking and just common sense, I won't be considering buying it.

Thats just my dream car I guess, a full sized 2000's suv. Chevy or Gm.

I'm just gonna save up for awhile longer, and buy stock and then upgrade, like some said, then i know whats been done to it, but also adds some personal attributes too.

Just my blazer is killing me with constant parts that keep going bad, it's an uphill battle. I haven't even been able to get my body lift on yet :/

but once again thanks you guys.

And Big Thanks to DKSDAD, i really appreciated that, and seeing how many things had been replaced in that car helped me make my decision.
thanks

Quick Reply: What I am considering buying $$$