Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/)
-   -   What makes you love your blazer? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/what-makes-you-love-your-blazer-64881/)

Karcinagin 11-09-2011 12:36 PM

What makes you love your blazer?

Mine is when I look at my friend in a 1990 Honda accord 5 speed fighting with the snow last night when I was with him, getting low traction getting pulled every direction. Me get in blazer and drive, I don't see what the problem is.

Just makes me love it much more.

Bigringtravis 11-09-2011 02:38 PM

I'm the service manager at a well-to-do bike shop. That being said, I work a lot of events/races. Being able to get/put my Blazer off the beaten path is awesome.

I run a 750watt power inverter and enough lights to clean up after the sun goes down.

I can't speak highly enough of being able to get my pit tables and two tents with up to three bikes where I need them!

Oh, and yes - SNOW driving! LoL

ChevyBlazerChick 11-09-2011 03:07 PM

Being able to say, "Yeah that's my truck, and why yes I did do all the work to it."

Ne s10 blazer 11-09-2011 03:58 PM

When my girlfriend calls me and says she cant get out of her drive way cuz the drifts are too bad so I make her a path with the blazer:)

AJBert 11-09-2011 04:25 PM

Not sure I'd go so far as say I "love" my Blazer.

I mean, it is a vehicle I bought for a very specific purpose (hunting and fishing) but ended up being my DD also. It has done more than what I expected on numerous times and has been very reliable. (I do believe in and perform preventive maintenace)

I'd say I have more of a financial relationship with the Blazer than any emotional relationship. My wife tends to get upset whenever I buy something else, like a dedicated set of rims and tires that will only be used for maybe two weeks a year while hunting in CO.

I don't see what the problem is?

atvwarrior 11-09-2011 05:21 PM

I have a basicly stock blazer and I play with trucks that have 35 to 54 inch tyres and somehow hold my own , I have 235/75/15s 3 inch body lift and my wheels stick out the way out of the fender walls , I am the muddest truck there but I go where they go . And to my , and the crowds amazement my little blazer took first place at the broome tioga mudd bogs . I litterly pushed all the mud like a mud plow all to the other end of the pit . And right now my buddies are helping me get my v8 freshend up and then I'll really be ready to play .

AuSSenseiter 11-11-2011 09:19 AM

I love my blazers for the simple fact that they are the best all around vehicles. It doesnt matter if your crawling in city traffic, flying around country roads, tearing up the trails, or hauling a load thats more than twice the trucks rated capicity, the blazers are up to the task. I've had many and all gave more than could be asked of them and when they died it was a truely sad event. Momma's 94 blazer has yet to prove itself (since being torn completely down and rebuilt thanks to some rather nasty abuse from the p/o's) but I have total confidence in it.
Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

DKSDAD 11-11-2011 09:20 PM

I love my Blazer for the many fond memories I have with it especially bring in home our first child from the hospital when he was born 12 years ago.

jaked up 02-06-2012 09:07 AM

why i love my blazer

1. you learn how to fix your own stuff real quick
2. you learn the life long skill of welding if you want bumpers that is
3. learning many new words while working on our trucks
4. they almost never let you down when your in a rough spot
5. people get mad and its mad funny when there fullsize or jeep is stuck and you can pull them out in no time
6. others think blazers are junk but we who own one know they are wrong

pettyfog 02-06-2012 10:28 AM

'Why I belong to BOSG.. Blazer Owners support Group!'

It's cheap to buy, a good family car and wife likes it... AND it's a hobby. Keeps the brain working figuring everything out.
When you get to your sixties, the brain becomes a muscle .. use it or lose it.

'nuff said!

mobileaudio219 02-06-2012 11:40 AM

My uncle once summed up the whole car bit pretty well by saying "they're all junk, so make sure you get one thats cheap and easy to work on....

Thats why I like my s-series and my fox body stangs... I know them both pretty well..

kiwiblazer 02-06-2012 10:51 PM

Knowing I can't afford to replace it! LOL

Blazer_LT 02-06-2012 11:29 PM

that it proves looks and actual performance are two different things. the blazer looks like it would be slow and handle like crap but whoop some butt out in the woods. and yet it does great on the road and off

duxtoyz 02-07-2012 12:07 AM

i like mine because of the almost perfect weight distribution for optimum traction, the power my 4.3L puts to the 39 inch tires, the short wheel base for wheeling, the ability to haul the whole fam damily to the trails, and the times that i always prove my buddies wrong when they think my lil s10 cant and/or wont make it......and it always does, then pulls them out or thru. for sumthing that looks worthless, they sure kick ass and take names when its necessary!

247monster 02-07-2012 02:46 AM

i wont lie when i first was looking for a new car or truck i didnt want an SUV but...that changed very fast ...i love my blazer its the truck if someones car wont start in the morning ...i can go and start mine and jump them ...it nimble and can go alotta place where people go "theres no way ur getting there" lol (one of my favs) and theres soooooo many ways to customize it everything from off road lights to drop spindles and airbags ..the 4.3's ...amazing, love it i wont lie ive had some problems with my blazer but ive fixed everything myself and i got it completly stock and everything in it i did myslelf and its nice to have people come up and look and go "wow where did you get that done" then tell them you did it yourself lol

JRock1944 02-07-2012 01:34 PM

I love my blazer for it's size, cabin space, and reliabilty. It can haul stuff and go places that my Camaro could NEVER handle. That, and it survives deer strikes a whole lot better than an F-Body muscle car could. XD (I know this from experience.)

Jamaroon 02-07-2012 03:09 PM

I love the fact that I do better off-road than a rubicon, with a lot less money invested! and that it's a ZR2, I know I'd be wishing I had a Z if I had ended up with a normal blazer.

wyzardd 02-07-2012 03:56 PM

I've wanted one since I borrowed a new '95 from my brother-in-law. The look, the ride, the room, all are just about perfect for me. Drove a '98 Corolla for 13 years and even a well used Blazer seemed like a giant step up.
The only reason snow ever kept me from driving the Corolla is when it got so deep that I high-centered (I've been driving in Colorado weather for 28 years) but the Blazer doesn't even need 4wd to get through most of the time. High enough to get over the drifts, low enough to be stable in turns, antilock and 4x to rescue me from my own stupidity. What's not to love?

Ok, gas mileage is half what I was used to, don't love that so much. But the rest is exactly what I want in a non-muscle car.

Park 02-08-2012 06:34 AM

I don't even want to try to count or even remember all the memories I have of my brother's blazer when I was 14, my first Blazer and my current Blazer. Let's face it all vehicles have their flaws and problems, Blazers are no different. My current one, Thumper, some days she whines a lot. Other days she'll wake up and the sound coming from her as she purs that sweet idle song of hers, I can't help but grin. When my girlfriend can hear us coming to see her and she is happy to see the truck.:icon_wub: And like others have said when you're out with your friends and their trucks, they say you can't do it and you do it. :icon_goofygrin: Blazers are not for every one, they are for us: The Few, The Proud, The Ballsy and The Craziest! :icon_toast: I could go on and on but I think it would be better if I just shut up now.

rezlab 02-14-2012 10:30 AM

honestly i wasnt looking for a blazer i wanted to trade my 98 cherokee for a fullsize truck or a suburban but the guy showed up with it first so traded, ive had it since halloween and i love it it rides great more room then the cherokee which is a plus for my dog the gf dosent care for it that much she says the jeep was more fun to drive and handled better but that her opinion. it has its issues like all my 4x4s have had but it runs great.
plans for it are to level it and get some tires that have tread on them

warthogdriver 02-14-2012 10:55 AM

I love mine because i made it my own...lots of blazers in my town but you see me coming from a mile away...enough said for me.
Its my favorite hobby....even though i am running outta mods. :D

mr seagraves 02-14-2012 12:09 PM

its looks & its toughness

mr seagraves 02-14-2012 12:11 PM

my 96 s-10 ls is good looking & tough on snow i love it

iamthesargent 02-14-2012 07:32 PM

I love mine for the fact that (even though its a piece of crap) it keeps up with a 2000 Ford F-150 that is heavily modded and upgraded.

Plus, My blazer manages to drift around corners a lot better than that F-150 xD

grizzstang 02-16-2012 01:33 PM

I don't love it. I like the way it looks and drives in the winter. It is a decent all around daily driver for my girlfriend but she would rather have a car. We have had it at least 6 years now and I don't think we will be selling it anytime soon.

VI-Joe 07-04-2018 12:35 PM

My current 2001 (2wd 4dr LT, stock)

1. Got it for cheap at $1000 (in the family kind of deal). Could flip it for $3000 right now, but I really like if and it fills a good role as a second car in my family.
2. Mine was well cared for and garaged and maintained by a municipal mechanic to a fleet that used lots of 4.3 powered GM trucks and vans.
3. Easy to wrench on. I’m getting my shade tree mojo back.
4. Versatile: full towing package and equipment set up, so perfect for pop up trailers, fishing boat, or Home Depot equipment rentals! Looking into getting one of U-Haul’s small box trailers used. Narrow track and tight radius makes it nice for running errands too (I don’t have to bend). Even with 2wd only, pretty good ground clearance for most campgrounds and fishing areas. If I need more capability, I’ll tow a quad.
5. Good engine. The 4.3 is solid and durable, and plenty of power. My only beef is that the gas mileage is no better than its big-brother 5.7 (350) V8. In fact, considering they’re the same basic design, I wish Chevy wild have offered that engine as an option. Might as well have the power to go with the fuel consumption. Then again, it probably keeps idiots from trying to tow too much with it (still a quarter ton truck).

Doubt well ever get rid of this one. It’ll become a “third car” once the baby arrives (rear seat AC is nice in AZ for that), but we’ve got room to park it, insurance is cheap, and it fills a useful role. Plus, no ones building body on frame rigs anymore in “fun size.”

GreenBlazer2002 07-04-2018 05:58 PM

1. My wife bought it for me.
2. It's a good looking 2 door SUV.
3. It's paid for, cheap to maintain, and all mine!

Besides all that, I had always wanted one since 98 when I bought a new S-10, complete with 4 cylinders and 5 gears. It was all I could afford at the time. Blazer territory was beyond my reach then.

DonL 07-05-2018 05:35 PM

When I was younger, my foster dad had a new 2003 zr2 blazer. I fell in love with them then. The room I had to move around, the seats were comfy for a 15 year old. He had 31's on it and hoped a few curbs. The curves, power, and overall look is what took me. My second time falling in love was when my buddy had a 2000 jimmy 4 door. We had many late night cruises and he had a powerful after market sound system in it. The ride was always smooth and the 4 doors gave us that much more room to bring the friends on the late night smoke rides. Ever since then I've always wanted one. The third time I fell in love, as when I was on my way to work and found the 1999 4 door it 4x4 blazer we now own. I've put more blood, sweat, tears, and money into this blazer then any other relationship I've had/have. She's now at about 50% of what I want, and I could not be happier with any other vehicle.

maybe a 96 dodge viper, sonic blue with white stripes.

N. Jensen 07-05-2018 09:28 PM

Firstly, I love that this thread has been resurrected after nearly 6 and a half years!

So many memories of Blazers growing up.

Parents had an '85 K5. Sister had an '86 S-10 Blazer. I had a '94 S-10 Blazer Tahoe. Grandpa had a '98 S-10 pickup. Always GM made automobiles.

When I bought Johnny Blaze, I was not even in the market for him. (Wife named him. She drove Ruby the Altima at the time, now Lorna LeSabre.) :icon_goofygrin:
I was looking to move up from the '03 Monte to an '08 Monte (with the V8). But Johnny was the better deal for the dough. Sure I've dumped a lot of moolah into him, but he continues to stay loyal, faithful, and (some say) stylish. Could not have made it this far without Johnny.

I have had the wandering eye recently...checking out those Trailblazer SS's.
Really in the market for a ZR2 pickup, though.
Ya know...a companion. :icon_hug:

christine_208 07-06-2018 11:36 AM

I like that for its size it has a decently powerful motor, it is not too big, is a body-on-frame design, yet is a very capable truck for bad weather/roads.

I could do with less hassle when it comes to trying to get to parts to replace. It seems like half my time is spent removing parts just so I can get to the thing I need to fix. LOL

G0LFADD1CT 08-13-2018 12:21 AM

It's been paid off for 10+ years and when it snows I only have to worry about the non four wheel drive idiots out there , not the snow.

awesomeamerican1 09-15-2018 10:27 AM

I've had it for over 10 years and it has been paid off since the beginning. The truck has always been a piece of cake for me to work on and fix, and easy to mod. The best part of it is finally just coming along now that I'm turning it into a dedicated trail vehicle!

christine_208 09-15-2018 11:19 AM

I find mine to be a pretty good all-around vehicle for my uses: going on logging roads in the mountains, going through the snow in town, towing my boat, and if needed, 4 doors for hauling people. I wish it was a bit easier to work on but then again that might be more about the vintage then the make. My only other current comparisons are an 82 Prelude and a 68 Mustang. The Mustang is super simple and the Honda is really well engineered and older/simpler (except for the vacuum lines!).

I find its size makes it a bit more nimble than full sized rigs. So that is a plus.

BlazerIL1 01-07-2019 08:19 PM

Looks niceeee. I need two posts to be able to post my car on here!!!

christine_208 01-07-2019 09:35 PM

Things I like about my Blazer
  • In general:
    • Not too big, i.e. nimble
    • body-on-frame design
    • I can sleep in it (in a pinch)
    • it can tow my sailboat and trailer (2,200 lb total)
    • capable off-pavement vehicle
    • good on snow (on pavement or off)
    • paid cash for it 10 years ago
    • 4 door
  • In particular
    • 4-button transfer case with Auto-4wd
    • heated seats
    • 3.73 gearing
    • G80 locking rear end
    • fog-lights
    • lifted (1.5")
    • 135k miles on motor and body. (transmission rebuilt ~3k miles ago)

Tom A 01-10-2019 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by christine_208 (Post 700925)
  •  
    • heated seats

I'm jealous of you there. My wife's car has those and I get so spoiled when I drive it. I might just have to add them one of these days.

go chevy 01-12-2019 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by duxtoyz (Post 495854)
i like mine because of the almost perfect weight distribution for optimum traction, the power my 4.3L puts to the 39 inch tires, the short wheel base for wheeling, the ability to haul the whole fam damily to the trails, and the times that i always prove my buddies wrong when they think my lil s10 cant and/or wont make it......and it always does, then pulls them out or thru. for sumthing that looks worthless, they sure kick ass and take names when its necessary!

Well said! These little trucks are kick butt! Decent at the gas pump but strong enough too just enjoy the ride lol...

Mike.308 02-19-2019 04:11 PM

How did You know I do love my Blazer?
For pretty everything:
- the sound of V6
- the G80 locker
- good view on a street
- huge mirrors
- comfortable interior. I am nearly 2m tall, I truly hate these small Jap cars, where I have to struggle to get in and out.
There is no rose without thorns:
- noisy interior with crappy plastic clips
- stock audio system - not only its so-so quality, but some of the speakers intermittently quit
This spring my beauty gets the visors and some additional fixes. I might have a surprise for her - a front off-road bumper is in design.

cleburne red 02-19-2019 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mike.308 (Post 703370)
.....the sound of V6...

I think you're the only person I've ever heard say they like the sound of a V6. I love the 4.3, I think it's a really good engine, but personally, I think pretty much all V6 engines sound like a big lawn mower.

Mike.308 02-20-2019 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by cleburne red (Post 703384)
I think you're the only person I've ever heard say they like the sound of a V6. I love the 4.3, I think it's a really good engine, but personally, I think pretty much all V6 engines sound like a big lawn mower.

:D Let me put it that way: I prefer lawn mower than a grinder sound. And last but not least, I can't imagine myself loving sth like Prius.... V6 or V8 engine is that, what i like! Not to mention V16 or V18, but it's a different story.