Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

What should i do??

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 10:36 AM
Dweeberman is on a distinguished road
Default What should i do??

Hey all, so i found an 89 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 with buttloads of upgrades and am curious if i should do a straight trade for my K5...below this link is my ad (i was just testing waters to see what might be possible)

https://post.craigslist.org/manage/2618913217

This guy reached out to me and asked if i wanted to trade vehicles as his friends all have k5's but he doesnt. Below is the link for his jeep with all the details that he has on it.

89 CHEROKEE / CRAWLER

I am not sure if this is the correct thread but reading through all the posts...this looks like the right spot. I want everyones opinion if possible...i am a die hard rock crawler fan and a Jeep/K5 Fanatic! Jeeps will do more of what i want and go further where as the blazer is just a mean machine. Please anyone if you have advice i would love to hear it!

Thank you,

Old 09-30-2011, 10:49 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Dweeberman
Hey all, so i found an 89 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 with buttloads of upgrades and am curious if i should do a straight trade for my K5...below this link is my ad (i was just testing waters to see what might be possible)

https://post.craigslist.org/manage/2618913217

This guy reached out to me and asked if i wanted to trade vehicles as his friends all have k5's but he doesnt. Below is the link for his jeep with all the details that he has on it.

89 CHEROKEE / CRAWLER

I am not sure if this is the correct thread but reading through all the posts...this looks like the right spot. I want everyones opinion if possible...i am a die hard rock crawler fan and a Jeep/K5 Fanatic! Jeeps will do more of what i want and go further where as the blazer is just a mean machine. Please anyone if you have advice i would love to hear it!

Thank you,
Well, FIRST... you cannot post a link to your logged in edit screens on ANY website. So we cant see this craigslist post.
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/2618913217.html

But that doesnt matter. In fact I dont understand why you are asking everyone's opinion. Where's the rugged individualism.. the other guy aint got any if he only wants the K5 because his buddies have 'em.

I dont have a dog in the hunt because I dont really care for the sport but the whole point is it seems like a win-win and there's not much risk on the line for either of you .. tho the context puts you ahead, IMO.

Do what you think will make you happy and quit worrying what everybody else thinks.

Last edited by pettyfog; 09-30-2011 at 11:00 AM.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by pettyfog
Well, FIRST... you cannot post a link to your logged in edit screens on ANY website. So we cant see the craigslist post.

But that doesnt matter. In fact I dont understand why you are asking everyone's opinion. Where's the rugged individualism.. the other guy aint got any if he only wants the K5 because his buddies have 'em.

I dont have a dog in the hunt because I dont really care for the sport but the whole point is it seems like a win-win and there's not much risk on the line for either of you .. tho the context puts you ahead, IMO.

Do what you think will make you happy and quit worrying what everybody else thinks.
ugh your right lol tomorrow night we are meeting up to test drive one another's ride...he has all the upgrades (besides lower gears and a snorkel) that i would put on it so it would save me the expense of purchasing all of it...i guess i just needed to talk it out and type it out in my head to figure out my decision. Thank you for your input...definitely put my head back on straight lol

Old 09-30-2011, 12:39 PM
FsTFwRd is on a distinguished road

Right, you really shouldn't care what anyone else thinks. But since I'm already here typing. here is my

I like the Jeeps, The cherokee's are great. But I would have a hard time trading a good K5 for it. Thats me though, a guy who has wanted a K5 for a while now. You do what you think is best.

Old 09-30-2011, 02:03 PM
Beginning Member
Xb-lineblazerX is on a distinguished road

i would have to agree ^^ i almost got a cherokee and would trade for a lifted one if i had the chance but a k5.. i mean those are my automobiles in the world. I have one of my own and sadly my not knowing dad threw it in the woods 5 years ago and forgot about it
so now its junk and all i want is to fix it up but i dont have the money that i would need. sorry im rambling about blazers, bottom line go with what you feel but if it were me i would never trade a k5 for a cherokee regardless of the modifications

Old 10-02-2011, 10:19 AM
Beginning Member
Tommy G is on a distinguished road

They are two very different vehicles. Cherokee is unibody, lightweight and coil spring suspension and the stock engine is torquey, yet still under powered. Probably better on the street than offroad without some serious and expensive mods.

The K5, as you probably already know, is a big, heavy, gas hog that is body on frame. Power train is bulletproof yet still under powered, but has more options. (someone say big block? LOL) Suspension is very capable offroad in stock form and somewhat limited if you're staying on a budget, but a 4-link coil suspension is possible.

The K5 is way cooler is you ask me, especially if you put a 454 or LS1 in it. Off road it would be a blast but I could never use one as a daily driver. The Cherokee I could drive daily or use as a winter beater, maybe off road it a little bit. Just depends on what you plan on using it for.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:16 PM

Right on...well it seems like it might be held off for a couple of months now. I took a look at the Jeep and man can i say...that guy knows how to work/maintain his vehicles. This jeep is in pristine condition. I did find out a few issues with mine in the meantime Probably going to spend another $250+ lol

Old 10-04-2011, 03:23 PM
Starting Member
DaddysBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Man who cares about that jeep Im not into offroading to much but I am a die hard believer in the blazers. So fix what every you got to fix and just be happy from what I can see thats a nice truck you have there.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by DaddysBlazer
Man who cares about that jeep Im not into offroading to much but I am a die hard believer in the blazers. So fix what every you got to fix and just be happy from what I can see thats a nice truck you have there.
I am a huge fan of the K5's...and these past 2 days my mind has been slowly telling me not to trade. I have a lot of money i will be putting into it and being that i am young, i will have plenty of time to complete it. I just love rockcrawling and always wanted a jeep as well. I will try and save money for a beater jeep most likely and start from scratch...while keeping the blazer.

Everyone that hs responded you have all helped influence my decision. It is not set in stone yet but i am leaning back to keeping the rig. I just cant afford to put gas into her at all

Old 10-04-2011, 07:36 PM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Dweeberman
I am a huge fan of the K5's...and these past 2 days my mind has been slowly telling me not to trade. I have a lot of money i will be putting into it and being that i am young, i will have plenty of time to complete it. I just love rockcrawling and always wanted a jeep as well. I will try and save money for a beater jeep most likely and start from scratch...while keeping the blazer.

Everyone that hs responded you have all helped influence my decision. It is not set in stone yet but i am leaning back to keeping the rig. I just cant afford to put gas into her at all
Buy a little gas sipping rice burner that get's 30+ mpg to DD while working on the K5?

Quick Reply: What should i do??