Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

What were you doing 8 years ago today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 12:05 PM
Starting Member
RolingKCBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What were you doing 8 years ago today?

I was sitting at home getting ready to leave for a trip out to NY that morning....but for some reason the truck didnt want to start....

so what where you doing when you found out?

Never forget 9-11

Last edited by RolingKCBlazer; 09-11-2009 at 12:29 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:37 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

I was sitting in band class, in the 6th grade. I still remember the teacher turning on the tv and watching the 2nd plane hit live. Scary for a 12 year old to see..

RIP 9/11. Eight years ago already?? Unreal.

Old 09-11-2009, 12:50 PM
Beginning Member
Lone Star Blaze is on a distinguished road

I was in bed asleep since I did not have to be at work untill 10:30 that day.I heard my front door slam open, My wife then girlfriend come running into my room saying "they have flown a plane into the World Trade Center". I was thinking some moron in a Cessna got disoriented and hit the WTC no big deal. Boy was I wrong.

Old 09-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by okvortec
I was sitting in band class, in the 6th grade. I still remember the teacher turning on the tv and watching the 2nd plane hit live. Scary for a 12 year old to see..

RIP 9/11. Eight years ago already?? Unreal.
Me too. I was sitting in band class, in the 7th grade.

Old 09-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Off from work. Waking up early and watching the news when they interrupted with breaking news mentioning that something hit the wtc. I went outside to see the tower on fire and then seeing the second plane hit. Will never forget what I saw.

Old 09-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Starting Member
Blazn1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was at work early, heard the news on the radio at my desk. I thought how could a plain hit a building. I walked up to our lunch room and it was on the tv, then saw the second plain hit. I told my boss about it, we were trying to air freight some parts out to a job site in South Carolina or somewhere, but the plains were all grounded. We had a customer who was being unreasonable. I remember my boss yelling at her saying "people are dying and all you care about is your stupid parts!" I also called my dad who worked in chicago and told him to get out of the city. My company was by Ohare airport and when I left work there were no plains anywhere in the sky. Very scarry especially when a plain takes off and lands every second every day of the year.

Old 09-11-2009, 02:21 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

I was actually working on a 85 s10 but I slept til like noon. No one woke me up

Old 09-11-2009, 02:46 PM
papacope is an unknown quantity at this point

I was in band class in 6th grade when it happend. I was walking through the halls to my first class and was wondering why all of the teachers had their tvs on so late... until I walked into my class room. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Old 09-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Starting Member
DrEaMsTeVe is on a distinguished road

I, Unfortunately was in Basic Training in South Carolina when it happened. We were getting updates from the drill Sergent's (not good at updates by the way) and the radio.

We were told who the "enemy" was when I was in AIT. None of it really bothered me.

Though the little video we did see was a bit numbing.

Not a fun time to be in the army.

Old 09-11-2009, 04:04 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Was unloading equipment at a loading dock at what used to be called England Air Force Base in Alexandria, La. As the place was still part of the joint readiness task force with Fort Polk everything pretty much went into lockdown. Over the course of the next month we saw an entire engineering division fly out, What looked like an entire wing of A-10's, and a smaller contingent of armored. Along with the C-5's. As much hardware as was shipped outta there I thought they might be getting ready to pull the Old Thunderchiefs off their display pedestals and outfit them as well.

Quick Reply: What were you doing 8 years ago today?