The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Whats the fastest have you gone on your car?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 08:50 PM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
well that.............and our new stunt driving laws.

for those that don't know, if you're doing 50 KPH over the posted limit (doesn't matter if you're on the highway and it's 100 KPH, or a side street posted @ 40 KPH), you lose your licence on the spot, vehicle is impounded on the spot for 7 days-doesn't even matter if it even a OPP car (local cop found that out as she was busted for 166 in a 100 with no call logged)-at a yard of their choice. so you can't even have it towed to yourhouse while you wait it out.

and of course you have to pay the impound fees before your vehicle will be released.

@ least my Jetta & 'Burb aren't fast enough (or quick enough) to have to worry about it though.
Sounds like you better watchout for dropping speed limit signs.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:20 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
well that.............and our new stunt driving laws.

for those that don't know, if you're doing 50 KPH over the posted limit (doesn't matter if you're on the highway and it's 100 KPH, or a side street posted @ 40 KPH), you lose your licence on the spot, vehicle is impounded on the spot for 7 days-doesn't even matter if it even a OPP car (local cop found that out as she was busted for 166 in a 100 with no call logged)-at a yard of their choice. so you can't even have it towed to yourhouse while you wait it out.

and of course you have to pay the impound fees before your vehicle will be released.

@ least my Jetta & 'Burb aren't fast enough (or quick enough) to have to worry about it though.
Well yes, and after my accident, I've really calmed down and taken a lot more care about how I drive. Plus my career path (Law Enforcement) would not like a Street Racing charge, let alone any other kind of charge lol

Old 01-29-2010, 09:22 PM
Starting Member
95Jimmy is on a distinguished road

I don't know how fast the Jimmy goes yet...lol
86 Monte Carlo SS- 540 big block...somewhere way over 85 but that's where the speedo stops. Same for my 91 S10 with a 350 SBC. My lightly modded 94 Mustang GT buried the speedo @ 150 then gained a little more on top of that. Mom's 97 Grand Prix GT hit the rev limiter @ 107. Dad's 96 Impala SS we've had up to a little over 130. My 02 GSXR 750; well it indicated in the 186 range but I don't know how accurate the speedo is at that speed. 1996 KX500 clocked @ 98.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:28 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

98 in the Blazer (GPS indicated)
about 115 in a 87 300ZX
'bout it.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:34 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dbrown843
08 Porsche Carrea S(x gfs dads) was about 190mph on our highway here. 110mph in second gear, screaming my head off.
That's how I wanna die!...

Anyways, Fastest in my cars was 120mph in a 1995 BMW 318ti, hit the rev limiter there.
My 92 4 door 4x4 beat my buddies 96 4.3 s10 pickup on the highwa... err "closed cource" .
Not sure of speed but the speedo was buried and I let off the gas and the needle didn't start to fall for about 15 seconds. His truck keep shutting down with the governer and mine just keep going. It was awesome to be driving a stock 4x4 and beat a 5-6 inch lowered s10 with 18 inch rims!

Got 3 tickets in the BMW, 38 ina 25, 52 ina 40. And a compound 55 ina 40 at night in a intersection in adverse weather. Late to work and got pulled over in the truck. First time in 3 years. Forgot about speedo being off. 52 ina 35. She let me off with a warning, she liked the truck! Only time I ever got pulled over and didn't get a ticket...

Old 01-29-2010, 09:43 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Everybody should have seen the cautions both Kyle and I posted earlier in this thread yet some of you are flaunting them. Final warning or the thread gets locked.

Old 01-29-2010, 11:06 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

to be perfectly honest Richard, considering the name of the thread, i'm surprised that it's made it to the end of almost 6 full pages.

on a slightly related topic (and forum rule), how is the access to local play areas around everybody?

i'm talking about drag strips, old air fields, "closed course" road courses, etc? 'cause inthe GTA, there really isn't anything.

a friend of mine from high school told me, back in the mid to late 60's, his Dad almost had final aproval for building a drag strip/road course track complex in what is now considered the top end of Woodbridge, near Maple (right near Canada's Wonderland).

during a final vote, there was some back room discussions about how it's gonna cause more kids to race around the city streets when they come back from the strip/track. Woodbridge is aprox 10 minutes from the 401 (top end of Toronto for those that don't know), and @ the time was far enough away from Toronto, that it is just now being developed for new homes.

stupid bureaucracy..........the closest track is curently 100 km (62 miles) East of Toronto. and in rush hour/weekend traffic, it can be 2 hours (or more). or there's Cayuga Raceway Park, it's 110 km down towards Lake Erie (South of Hamilton), and the travel times are a little longer (small rural communities, lower speed limits-and absolutely zero tolerance for any "pushing the limit" what so ever.

Old 01-29-2010, 11:12 PM
chevy01gold is on a distinguished road

eh i havent gotten to bypass the governor but both my chevys i got to the 100 mark. idk how but with the blazer i beat an 01 eclipse.

Old 01-29-2010, 11:45 PM
Starting Member
97Bravada is on a distinguished road

-125->130 mph(speedo stopped at 120 i think) in a pos 93 pontiac GA
-top end limiter,bout 107mph(a couple times to get to work) in my old 97 cavalier Z24
-85 mph in the bravada
all of the above were on the local multi-lane highway at 1-7 am come'n from/going to work when there was no traffic for the full 14mile drive

Last edited by 97Bravada; 01-30-2010 at 12:04 AM.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:02 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 97Bravada
-*lots of speed stuff*
all of the above were on the local multi-lane highway at 1-7 am
OMFG! is that a giant F U to the "don't flaunt your breaking of the rules" rriddle3 just posted or was that meant as a joke?

Quick Reply: Whats the fastest have you gone on your car?