Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Whitney Houston - Probably a shortlived thread but wtf?

Old 02-11-2012, 08:51 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about
Question Whitney Houston - Probably a shortlived thread but wtf?

Whitney Houston, superstar of records, films, dies - Yahoo! News

Dead at 48, Whitney!? I'm not much of a fan of her for music but a few have touched my heart at times. She as a person has been riddled by pics etc & banished as a bad drug influenced person but she gave so much to music & the "up & comers" that adored her.

48 years old, all the money any one in here could even think about having & now dead. Kinda makes you appreciate life in even the most modest & meager of ways.

Old 02-11-2012, 11:22 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Yes, I feel for her friends and family and I'm sorry all this happened, but when celebs use drugs, they know what the outcome will be. Happened to Heath Ledger, happened to Whitney Houston now, and will happen again. Celebs don't know how to handle stress very well, so I think that's why they resort to drug use. To try and solve their problems. But od's happen too much these days! Pretty sad society we live in isn't it?

Old 02-11-2012, 11:25 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by tibby
Yes, I feel for her friends and family and I'm sorry all this happened, but when celebs use drugs, they know what the outcome will be. Happened to Heath Ledger, happened to Whitney Houston now, and will happen again. Celebs don't know how to handle stress very well, so I think that's why they resort to drug use. To try and solve their problems. But od's happen too much these days! Pretty sad society we live in isn't it?

yup tell me about it

Old 02-12-2012, 08:01 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

What I posted on FB:

Sad.. one of the most beautiful people ever in Pop Culture. And, IMO, the best the Anthem has ever been sung on TV.

When Looks Talent Money and Fame aren't enough..
To her so called 'friends': Is she black enough now?

I love you Whitney.. Always did.
_____
Indeed, one of 'Television's Greatest Moments':
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1QmeEdFOSc[/youtube]

Last edited by pettyfog; 02-12-2012 at 08:08 AM.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:46 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Sad loss of a tremendous voice. I don't care for the over-the-top stylings she often used, but that seems to have become part of vocal stylings today.
I believe that, in most cases, people that are drawn to public performance careers have a deep seated insecurity that they need to quash by public adoration. Unfortunately, the need feeds on the acclaim until they believe the hype that surrounds them which often leads to a feeling of invincability (not to mention self-importance) and that is what draws them into tragic endings.
"Memento mori"