Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Windows 7 or vista..?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 04:15 AM
Banned
mickyching is on a distinguished road
Default Windows 7 or vista..?

Hi to all
I am planning to buy new laptop.But confused little which system to buy.So please share your experience so i can get some ideas.which one is better..?

Old 10-26-2009, 04:28 AM
BlaziNator is on a distinguished road

I love Vista. According to what I've heard, Windows 7 is supposed to be a stripped down version of Vista so it is not as OS intensive. Supposedly the same platform. That's just what I've heard...

Old 10-26-2009, 05:30 AM
Beginning Member
Kevets is an unknown quantity at this point

Most any computer you buy right now will have Vista and include a free upgrade to Win 7.

Win 7 is actually a decent product which fixed most of the issues in Vista, but being a new release and not having every little thing fixed in time for launch may cause problems for now. I'm encouraging Windows users to upgrade to 7, but not just yet. (I have a computer business.)

Old 10-26-2009, 06:15 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I haven't personally used 7, but all I hear is good things from people I know that have it. I hated Vista, so 7 would be my choice.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:38 AM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road

& is a nice OS actually I was running Windows 7 RC1 for the last few months and it performs that much better than vista, I plan to upgrade to a release ver as soon as I can afford it

Old 10-26-2009, 07:44 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I have never had a problem with Vista. I have been running Vista Ultimate 64-bit on my new workstation for well over a year.

I will be switching over to 7 on my workstation in a few weeks once I get time to do it.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:40 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

Go to windows 7, Enough said.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:37 AM
LuvMyTJ is on a distinguished road

While this was not one of the choices... you can not go wrong with a Mac. They run the awesome Mac OS10 (which Windows 7 trys to emulate), and Windows. You can even "dual boot" both operating systems at the same time. And don't fall for the old excuse... "but Macs are more expensive" crap. Match up a compatible PC and you are at the same price. Give one a try at your local Apple store (another thing Microsoft copied from Apple. They even set up the store exactly the same as the Apple store). Now if I was forced to use either Windows Vista or Windows 7, I would most definitely choose Windows 7. Of course I would run it on my MacBook Pro.

Last edited by LuvMyTJ; 10-26-2009 at 07:33 PM. Reason: correction
Old 10-26-2009, 12:06 PM
Starting Member
DrEaMsTeVe is on a distinguished road

I currently have been testing Windows 7 with their beta releases and am very impressed with the OS as a whole. The new task-bar is pretty sweet and they give you quite a lot of options in customization and power configurations.

There are features in there that will make your face-palm and ask "why didn't they think of that before?".

That being said, I really wouldn't try any OS on my work/home main computer with it being so close to launch time. Give it a few months and then go Windows 7. It will save you a few phone calls to MS.

Old 10-26-2009, 12:24 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Vista sucks because it is too needy. It has been ironed out (as it has been around for a while now) but it still sucks. I reverted back to Windows XP after slogging through a couple months of vista AND being saddled with a Vista powered lap top... F vista (just my opinion)

Follow the advice of all but Johnny Appleseed above me, Go windows 7, but wait until the first few patches have run their course.

Quick Reply: Windows 7 or vista..?