Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Winter is here, who all got dumped on?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 11:31 PM
Beginning Member
Jimmybeatergal is on a distinguished road
Default Winter is here, who all got dumped on?

Tis the season to have snow. Depending where in this world you are lol. Im in alberta and got dumped with over a foot of snow, went for some drifting fun on back roads yesturday and well... the picture explains it haha. Anyone go out for some winter fun?! (if u have snow)

Attached Thumbnails Winter is here, who all got dumped on?-jimmysnow_zps513e53ef.jpg  
Old 11-18-2013, 11:39 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Have not really gotten any here yet. We got like 3" about a week and a half ago. Its coming very soon. I do not drift though, I baby the truck.
I need to get a beater.

Old 11-18-2013, 11:44 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by richphotos
Have not really gotten any here yet. We got like 3" about a week and a half ago. Its coming very soon. I do not drift though, I baby the truck.
I need to get a beater.
I was doing some light drifting... mostly sliding on snow. Apparently my traction sucks. I have a 94 corolla as my beater. But im converting her into a rally car for raacing next year

Old 11-18-2013, 11:49 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

That will be awesome.
I love the truck in the winter, but I am terrified of getting into a wreck, I dont want to dent the truck, and, previous experiences of accidents gave me PTSD (real life on that one, they were BAD)
But mostly, dont want to wreck the truck.

how did ya end up getting out?

Old 11-18-2013, 11:54 PM
WitchingHour is an unknown quantity at this point

We've had one snow day in Colorado Springs, and that wasn't much. For being a snow state, it's sure been dry for the past three years.

Old 11-19-2013, 12:01 AM
Beginning Member

That will be awesome.
I love the truck in the winter, but I am terrified of getting into a wreck, I dont want to dent the truck, and, previous experiences of accidents gave me PTSD (real life on that one, they were BAD)
But mostly, dont want to wreck the truck.

how did ya end up getting out?
Thats understandable. I get nervous around town but when its out in the country then im all in haha. I had a big truck stop and pull me out. Guess you cant ALWAYS rely on 4x4 lol.

Old 11-19-2013, 12:48 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Jimmybeatergal
Thats understandable. I get nervous around town but when its out in the country then im all in haha. I had a big truck stop and pull me out. Guess you cant ALWAYS rely on 4x4 lol.
The only thing I am excited for this winter is the LED tail lights I built, the LED reverse lights I built, the HID's that I put in, and the LED bumper blinkers that I am building right now. I grew up in both North Carolina, and MN, and NC is in my blood and I do not like winter or snow.
but since you posted a photo of your Jimmy in the snow, here is my Jimmy from last winter.
Name:  DSC_6390.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  733.6 KB

Old 11-19-2013, 01:04 AM
Beginning Member

The only thing I am excited for this winter is the LED tail lights I built, the LED reverse lights I built, the HID's that I put in, and the LED bumper blinkers that I am building right now. I grew up in both North Carolina, and MN, and NC is in my blood and I do not like winter or snow.
but since you posted a photo of your Jimmy in the snow, here is my Jimmy from last winter.
NICE! Ive been looking for headlight assembys online but nothing for a jimmy, so disappointing.Gotta watch our assses here in canada thou. Laws are pretty strick when it comes to taking off stock items(tail lights, headlights, adding lights)

Old 11-19-2013, 01:14 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Jimmybeatergal
NICE! Ive been looking for headlight assembys online but nothing for a jimmy, so disappointing.Gotta watch our assses here in canada thou. Laws are pretty strick when it comes to taking off stock items(tail lights, headlights, adding lights)
that is what I heard up there. the best you could do is retrofit some projectors in the headlights.
I know quite a few people who have retrofitted LED's into the tail lights, but its not easy.
Its taken a good few years of doing it for me to be comfortable with it.
Right now, I just have a good plug n play HID kit in the headlights aimed "properly" without HID projectors.
But the US is a little more lenient on that.

Old 11-19-2013, 03:00 PM
Starting Member
Blazin00LT is on a distinguished road

Nothing but 80+mph winds, **** loads of rain and a 70+ tornados. I want snow dang it.

Quick Reply: Winter is here, who all got dumped on?