Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Wish I had more confidence when it comes to girls....

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 10:02 AM
matt92 is on a distinguished road
Default Wish I had more confidence when it comes to girls....

Not sure why, but when around girls, particularly good looking ones, i fumble words, and just have trouble keeping a conversation going. I usually cut the conversation off short or something like that. Even when Im cashiering at work and i get one down my line, i start dropping change and stuff. Its really bad LOL. Not sure what to do.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:30 AM
s14sh3r is on a distinguished road

I typed out a whole response to you, but when I read it, I realized I tend to talk in circles and it's hard to make sense of what I'm saying for a lot of people.

My advice is to basically relax and be yourself. Don't feel like you have to impress anyone. A handful of people who like you for you are worth more than a hundred people who like you for what you aren't. Same goes for girls. Never pretend.

I hope that wasn't too vague lol. I have trouble expressing what I mean sometimes...

Old 04-26-2011, 10:36 AM
rob44_90 is on a distinguished road

LOL I know how ya feel, I used to do the same thing at my old job. I would get really nervous around good looking girls for no reason.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:50 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Having been through a few relationships (that obviously flopped in the end) I can tell you that you need to be honest to both the other person and yourself.

The butterflies in your stomach is normal and I still get it but I just act like those butterflies are not there and talk to the person the way I'd be talking to you now (typing =/= talking).

If they don't like you for who you are then you're better off without that person, and if you pretend to be somebody else for a long period of time to try and keep this girl (if you miraculously end up dating) then you won't be happy. Sometimes you will be but 90% of the time you won't, in the end you ask yourself if it was worth it all and you'll know the answer.

It's not just a 1 way street though, sometimes the person you break up with is not the same person you started dating...

(Am I wise now that I'm 21?)

Basically, just be yourself, don't try to impress anyone (burnouts included, the cost of new tires outweighs the benefits... because sometimes those benefits cost lots at Christmas and birthdays too ), and if they don't like you for who you are then it's just a big mental FU from you to them.

Last edited by oktain; 04-26-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:27 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

I'm the same way. Ive been in a relationship with a beautiful woman for about a year and a half. I worked at walmart and she would come in and come to my register every time. I would always nervously carry on a good conversation until one day she stopped coming all together for a long time. I always wondered where she went until one day i ran across her at the shopping mall and asked where has she been? She was embarrassed but said she really thought i was a great guy and purposely came to my checkout hoping i would ask her out on a date. Since then we have been together. Dont give your hopes up, and dont chicken out like i did,or you might loose them like i almost lost mine. Hope this helps at all.

Old 04-26-2011, 02:30 PM
matt92 is on a distinguished road

you guys rule. both explanations made perfect sense. appreciate the help, and now i can only help myself :P ill keep you guys posted.

Old 04-26-2011, 02:50 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

I get that way around the police , I don't no why but they make me nervous , I swear I could fail a sobriety test with out even drinking . good luck with the girls .

Old 04-26-2011, 03:55 PM
s14sh3r is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by oktain
(Am I wise now that I'm 21?)
You're ready to grow a beard and live on top of a mountain. Those seeking wisdom will have to journey many miles to seek your counsel.

Old 04-26-2011, 04:07 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Before I shaved my exam beard I had birds living in it...

Old 04-26-2011, 04:55 PM
4x4blazerguy is on a distinguished road

As Said just be yourself. Girls will let you know when they are interested & if you don't take action they will move on.
I'm an old married man, but I see the girl problems aren't much different from the 50s & 60s.

Quick Reply: Wish I had more confidence when it comes to girls....