Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Wish you could quit smoking?

Old 06-06-2011, 12:02 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough
Default Wish you could quit smoking?

So Ive been smoking since I was 16, Im 32 now... I notice the health effects it has - I cant bike hard without losing my breath - I cant swim a pool length underwater anymore - My teeth arent bright white anymore even though I brush them lots - I run out of wind in intimate moments too, its embarassing cause I used to rock the sheets better if you know what I mean.... Smoking is going to kill me if I dont do something about it.

Im a driver, and I find myself smoking without even thinking about it now... I dont want to die a miserable death, I want to be able to play sports with my own kids someday...

Ive tried the patches, and the gums, and they are gross and make me feel like crap... And when you are a smoker, its the pulling a smoke out of the pack, the lighting, its the cig in your mouth, its the blowing out smoke, and the taste that keep you smoking, and patches and gum cant replicate those things at all.

Well, I made my next step this weekend and for $100 I bought the "E-Cigarette" and have been using it. I like it, it tastes better, kills the craving, and still feels like you are smoking. You have to pull it out of a pack, the end lights up when you puff on it, it tastes like smoke, you blow out what looks like smoke but its vapor... Havent smoked a real cig in 2 days, and when I have a craving, I smoke this thing and it works for me!!!

Im not trying to sell these things, but I think this is my ticket to becoming a non smoker! I think eventually the act of taking this thing out of the pack and puffing on it will become mundane and Ill stop. Plus you can buy less stregnth fluid for it as you need refills, eventually getting down to zero nicotine where you will be smoking it out of habit not for the nicotine... At that time I will only need to not puff it when I want a smoke, and my body wont be craving nicotine cause its not getting any anyways.

If any of you smoke, and wish you could quit, I highly reccomend trying this out, its only 100 bucks, to most smokers thats 10 days of cigs, so what have you got to lose?

I got the one that looks like a real cig, but the end lights up green so it doesnt look like Im smoking a cig when using it.

Anyone else try them?

Last edited by ohsofly; 06-06-2011 at 12:04 AM.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:30 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Glad you are making a step to a better life. I dont smoke, but my brother does. He's 23 and been smoking 2-3 packs a day for a 5 years. He has severe asthma and has to use a nebulizer everyday when he comes home from work due to the smoking. He tried the e-cig. He went back to the real thing since he thought the e-cig was not cool enough. One day he will learn hopefully. I hope it works out for you. Give us a update a few weeks from now on how its going.

Old 06-06-2011, 10:33 AM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

I have been smoking for 3 years now im 21 and keep going back and forth on quiting. I quit for about a month a few weeks ago because a girl i was hanging out with didnt like it so i decided it was time to quit. Things ended up not working out with the girl so i found myself starting again. For me it wasnt really that hard as I feel that im not really addicted to the nicotine and it just a bad habbit. The only time i do it is when i drive. I cant smoke at work or at home so thats really the only time i do it or when im at a party. So for me its just a habit that every time i get in the truck i light one up. I would really like to quit for the health reasons but its hard when a lot of my friends smoke and if im driving and i dont have one i feel like im missing something. Long drives are bad for me because i get bored so i tend to smoke a lot. lol. I have thought about the e-cigs but not sure if i wanna spend the money on one even though it would save me money. Plus its "the cool thing to do" lol. hopefully one of these days i can quit for good

Old 06-06-2011, 12:38 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Man if you saw what happened to my grandfather because he smoked it'd be enough to make you quit on the spot... I'll smoke a cigar or two maybe once every 3-4 months, just at parties where we'll be a bunch of guys shootin' the ****, cold brewskie in one hand and a Honey in the other.

I'm avoiding making it a habit though because I know what it can do.

I'm glad you're taking the step in the right direction though.

Old 06-06-2011, 02:21 PM
Little Roober is on a distinguished road

My last cigarette was on May 28th. I used to smoke and chew, but now im just chewin. The habit was definitely hard to break even when I was getting my "fix." Eventually I'll cut it out all together, but when I dont chew for a while I crave a cigarette. At least I can breathe now.

Old 06-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Red 96' will become famous soon enoughRed 96' will become famous soon enough

I'm not one for smoking cigarettes, but a good cigar every once in a while (like oktain) is all I smoke. I have two friends that quit by using chew. As the days went by, they chewed a bit less and eventually they both stopped altogether. Best of luck in your journey to quit!

Old 06-06-2011, 09:31 PM
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

been smoking now for going on 10 years. and ive tried quitting more than once last time i tried it took three days before my dad came up to me and opened his pack handed me one a lighter and said "please do us all a friggin favor" so needless to say quitting didnt work at that time. i was thinkin about an electronic cig but i tried one and it was junk. what brand did you get?

Old 06-14-2011, 08:49 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

i have a buddy who got the e cig and it works pretty well but it isn't the same i guess. i was doing great for 2 months not smoking but i turned 21 3 weeks ago and started again because i was so hammered that night. well, i do a pack a week which is a lot better than i used to be. The worst is sitting in traffic on my way home from work, travelling 30 miles in an hour is the worst, driving main roads is worse because of the crappy drivers.

i will say this though, i buy some expensive smokes which makes it easier to not buy them. Once my next paycheck comes in, i will probably buy the e cigarette to help quit because my girlfriend and mom both get on me about what it will do.