Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

wlorton gots a job!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 10:11 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about
Default wlorton gots a job!

So basically, while going to school and working in the university library, I really had no summer job, until now..... So recently I have notice a few changes.

The site is now different with a different logo....

TONS OF NEW MEMBERS!!! woot woot!

But I have barely been on since getting hired at Affina.... You can google it, but basically its a In Bound Call Center, and I will be trouble shooting products for their "clients." I use clients because basically they want the customers/callers to believe they are speaking with the company....

So now instead of spending times just sitting on my @$$, I get to sit on my @$$, talk and get paid.... lol....

Old 06-22-2010, 10:15 PM
1sexyblzr is on a distinguished road

thats good that you got a job atleast someone in america can

Old 06-23-2010, 12:04 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

welcome to the club Lorton.

i too (just last week) landed a full time job (40+ hours/week).

kinda nice after being on temp lay-off/call back for almost 20 months.

Old 06-23-2010, 12:08 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Congrats on that. Let's hope this is the start of better things to come. Oh, you too Chris. That's great guys!

Last edited by kiwiblazer; 06-23-2010 at 12:10 AM. Reason: add comment.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:31 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Alright break time's over, back to work you two... joking
Congrats!

Old 06-23-2010, 06:50 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by ImScrewed92
Alright break time's over, back to work you two... joking
Congrats!
Lol, They are kinda strict on breaks and stuff, but right now its just training so basically I am learning everything I already know about home theater A/V.... But pretty soon we will begin trouble shooting items... Thats when it will get fun!

Old 06-23-2010, 09:25 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Jobs are great. I turfed my ex-woman and packed my things and moved back to Edmonton where we moved from 9 months earlier. Got my old job and wage back!!! I like having single guy income again! Liquor and ****** is what I strive to do as often as possible. I work at Hiway 9 Express, its a trucking company moving freight around central and lower Alberta. I do anything there, but my job is the office guy/night super. I talk on the radio, do the computer stuff, assign work, unload and load stuff on the dock, and occasionally I do some driving trips for extra miles on my pay. Its a cool job, we have ALOT of employees, and the company has a BBQ and car giveaway every summer, and the christmas party is awesome too. Yes they give a car to one employee every summer. So far they have given a Pontiac Vibe, a Pontiac G6, and an HHR. Bonuses of this job... Damaged freight claims!!! When skids of beer have torn boxes and stuff, they are a claim... Once the claim goes through, we can buy the beer for like 5 bucks a case, or even just have it given to us. I get all the free firewood I want if I take a saw in and hack up some old pallets, great for taking camping cause up here campgrounds SELL the firewood which is total BS.... And I can get drivers to pick up stuff for me if I need it. I really like working for this company they treat their employees great.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:58 AM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

congrats on the jobl, I visited their plant in Oklahoma and it was a pretty cool tour.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:14 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wlorton
Lol, They are kinda strict on breaks and stuff,
that sucks for you.

my new place is really laid back (so long as the work is done, they're happy). we have a 30 to 45 minute meeting/break about 1 1/2 hrs after we start, to discuss the day's plans/agenda. we're there for 9 hrs a day-paid straight-and they all seem to just grab a quick bite to eat whenever the urge hits.

plus, they all seem to stay for a beer or two (or three) after work. too bad i'm not a big drinker (especially when i've gotta drive right after).

nice place, glad i found it.

hopefully Lorton, you'll be moving up the ladder to run your division soon enough.

good luck to ya.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:48 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by old skool luvr

nice place, glad i found it.

hopefully Lorton, you'll be moving up the ladder to run your division soon enough.

good luck to ya.
Its a decent place, and I love the home theater aspect, but they tend to be kinda stringent on the breaks to make the quota for the client... Now today we watched Avatar on HD and HD Quattron Models.... The Latter adds another pixel, and it makes a difference, just imagine that there are 1024 shades possible with each pixel.... that means with the fourth pixels you have 1024 more colors....

But as far as moving up, I would love to, but This is just a job to do during school, I would love to get an entry level engineering job right out of school so that I could buy the toy I really want.... But this place was a bit more laid back that I previously stated... A client that was supposed to visit decided not to, so we got an hour lunch and then extra break time... Its just learning about everything right now takes a lot out of you...

If anyone has any home theatre problems, I could probably help, and don't worry, the experience wont be Dull....
If you wanna know who the client is, send me a message, as I do get a slight discount... lol!

Last edited by wlorton; 06-23-2010 at 10:59 PM. Reason: A lil extra

Quick Reply: wlorton gots a job!