The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Xbox live COD:MW2

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 12:48 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Hey yall... I would add you... but guess what... RED RING OF DEATH.... this is the second time and i just got off the phone with xbox for the second time tonight.... First time, after requesting someone's manager, he told me to have a nice day and hung up (that was a 45 minute phone call wasted) And the next call took another 45 minutes... but I might get lucky and they will send me a new xbox asap and I will jsut send mine back... woot woot...

Old 11-16-2009, 01:25 AM
elementtrev is on a distinguished road

try the towel trick, i just got the rrod and did it now my xbox works again, WOOT! but im prolly gunna do the penny trick too. good luck with the rrod.

Old 11-16-2009, 11:20 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I've been lucky enough to never see the red rings...knock on wood. I really don't use mine all that much though. I usually only use it now to watch movies off my laptop.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:32 PM
BF Veteran

I probably played mine about 3-4 hours a day... and then a few hours to watch netflix at night... and a good weekend, with little interruption i could probably throw down 15 hours easy... lol

Old 11-16-2009, 04:14 PM
svd85 is an unknown quantity at this point

i am on COD all the time. Add my gamertag: SVD85 ... wlorton, i just got the red ring of death as well from play COD too much i guess. Just shipped out my xbox this morning to get fixed. FYI, microsoft extended their warrenty to 3 years for RRoD and related matters.

Old 11-16-2009, 06:26 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by svd85
i am on COD all the time. Add my gamertag: SVD85 ... wlorton, i just got the red ring of death as well from play COD too much i guess. Just shipped out my xbox this morning to get fixed. FYI, microsoft extended their warrenty to 3 years for RRoD and related matters.
Yea this i know... and this is a little feeler.. when i get my xbox replacement... I will be selling it due to the fact i will be buying a new one tomorrow... Anyone interested? it will be an xbox 360 + one controller + modern warfare 2+ 20 gb hard drive... it will be under warranty as well...

Old 11-16-2009, 07:03 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

how much. a buddy i work with is thinking about getting one

Old 11-16-2009, 07:13 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by NVANZEE
how much. a buddy i work with is thinking about getting one
I was thinking around 200ish since it would be a newer console, 20 gb hard drive, controller, as well as the modern warfare 2 game

Old 11-19-2009, 10:01 AM
Starting Member
C.Blazer is on a distinguished road

Trick to not getting rrod is to keep it out in the open so it can properly cool down. I got it after 8 straight hours of the first modern warfare, took it out of tv stand and havnt had it since. On serious note, LOVE CODMW2. Hit me up. I try and play for an hour or 2 a day unless the girlfriend gets mad lol shes been good since I stopped clocking 8-10hrs daily lol.

KinkyD420

Old 11-19-2009, 10:57 AM
svd85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by C.Blazer
Trick to not getting rrod is to keep it out in the open so it can properly cool down. I got it after 8 straight hours of the first modern warfare, took it out of tv stand and havnt had it since. On serious note, LOVE CODMW2. Hit me up. I try and play for an hour or 2 a day unless the girlfriend gets mad lol shes been good since I stopped clocking 8-10hrs daily lol.

KinkyD420
Yea, i had the same problem but i suggest if you still have it under warranty, to send it back in as they will fix it for free. Supposedly, they will fix it so you never get the problem again. I read it was an error on microsoft's part why people get the rrod so that is why they extended their warranty after they got a bunch of law suits against them. Supposedly, i read its the cpu chip or something that melts and moves when the xbox gets hot and that is why you get the error.

But when i get mine back (couple weeks), ill def hit everyone up on xbox live.

Quick Reply: Xbox live COD:MW2