Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Your First Car

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 04:36 PM
slammed95blazer is on a distinguished road

eh if i had a picture of my first car id post it but i dont. it was a 2001 malibu 3.1 v6. i had it for about 2 years till the intake mani gasket went causing the motor to throw a few rods

Old 06-15-2010, 04:45 PM
1sexyblzr is on a distinguished road

^^^ nice lol I seized my motor.. I was going to do a V8 swap but I just decided to get rid of the truck

Old 06-17-2010, 11:03 PM
Starting Member
'96-Dirty4x4 is on a distinguished road

First vehicle I ever drove, was a 1985 Chevy C10, shortbed, 2wd. Was my step-father's truck and just a vehicle for me to learn how to drive in. Sadly, my sister had taken it for a drive down to the store and wrecked the poor baby. All because a bee flew in the open window and landed on her lap. She was watching the bee instead of the road and over corrected when she started to drive off the road. Slammed the front end into an embankment, totaling the truck. Then she had the nerve to run off, not call the cops, or nothing, and walked home. Didn't say anything to my step-father until my mom and I showed up home, after finding the truck on the side of the road, wrecked. Man was my step-father ticked. lol

First vehicle I owned was a truck I bought off my parents for only $800. It was a 1986 Chevy, longbed, 4x4, red and white, with a 350 engine and I don't remember the tranny. She was my baby, even with the 10mpg I got. This was the truck I drove all through high school until the tranny went. ): Man do I still miss her. I remember the day we sold her, I had left cause I didn't want to be there to see some stranger putting her up on a flatbed and driving off with her. Sadly, he had shown up late and I still saw him drive past me on the road while I was on my way home. Luckily, my boyfriend at the time was driving, cause I started bawling and weeping like a baby.

I don't think that was anything I didn't like about this truck. Well, maybe the bench seat. She originally had bucket seats, but my parents took them out and installed a bench seat before I had bought the truck from them. She was all stock, had at least 140,000 miles on her when I got her. 4wd even still worked. Took her off road quite a few times. Also got her to fishtail and slide sideways on pavement, dirt, gravel, mud, snow, etc. lol And now, looking back at these pictures, I LOVED those wheels!

Yep, I've been a Chevy Chick all my driving life.

Old 07-08-2010, 12:06 AM
Flatearthman is on a distinguished road

1968 dart Gt 2dr floor shift black bukets/ interior.
Plum crazy metalic paint on the outside with a black hardtop

Old 07-10-2010, 03:48 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

pic's Flatearthman?

Old 01-19-2011, 01:42 PM
Mgiudice is on a distinguished road

my first car was a 1991 mercury tracer wagon, white with black roof rack and blue interior. it was a manual transmission and it had a rebuilt engine with less than 50,000 miles on it. but i live in washington and as most farm areas i hit a 5 point buck. i fixed all the damage and replaced the radiator but forgot to add fluid to it before test driving it... seals melted on the head. so now i got a 1993 s10 tahoe and i love it.

Old 01-19-2011, 02:03 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

First truck was an 88 s10

Before i got through with it - Purchased $800 (no working lights, exterior or interior, cancer, cracked window, any many many many other things)

And after i got through with it - Sold price $2600 (no safety, no speedo, no fuel gauge)

Everytime i look at it it makes me miss it more and more, and contemplate tracking it down to buy it back, but i know that it was an awsome first truck to me, and the kid i sold it to im sure is loving it as his first truck to!

Last edited by streblo; 01-19-2011 at 02:07 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:07 PM
Starting Member
mov4x4 is on a distinguished road

My first car was a 1994 s10 blazer black 2door five speed 4x4 had it for 3 years I bent the frame in 5 spots after having it for 2 months (it was my DD for 3 years) and got the frame fixed and replaced motor mounts ended up haveing another $500 in a $900 blazer. I loved it to death had a 2inch pipe front brush guard strobes and off road lights.

Old 01-19-2011, 03:11 PM
Starting Member
98HeavyChevy is on a distinguished road

My first car was a 1987 Chevy Spectrum. A really ugly tan color. I rear-ended someone and the car survived. Knew nothing about cars and ran it dry on oil. It stalled now and then, but kept driving. Eventually a woman in an old caddy ran a light and t-boned me on the driver's side. She sent the axle into the transmission. My head hit the side window and it shattered. Then it was totaled. Sounded like a lawnmower on the road, but that thing took me everywhere.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:28 PM
Beginning Member
Anthrsckmnd is on a distinguished road

My first car was a 1989 mazda 323, with one of those car cig adapter fans because the a/c was broken. It got me to school and back with great mileage, but that's about it.

Quick Reply: Your First Car