Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Zombies? ZOMBIES! ZoMbIeS?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 07:36 AM
m3ch is on a distinguished road
Default Zombies? ZOMBIES! ZoMbIeS?!

okay! so i was wondering, how many of you actually have a zombie bail out plan?

i do........at the first signs, i dont know how but heres whats going to happen.

1. make every one in the house stay inside (except for me, and few friends) and knock down the stairs ( i live in a trailer and would need to climb in the door if i take down the stairs)
2. toss my spare lumber inside and have gf/other people in the house board up the windows and 1 door, then gather available weapons/food with 2 friends
3. go to my moms (gotta check on mommy!) and make sure they are fine over there, which they should be, her boyfriend or rather "partner" has some guns (30-30, 2 sks, a .22), help board up around there
4. here is where it gets fun =), this is the part i dont know about, but.....i am going to TRY to collect as much 9mm luger, .270, and .22 ammo as possible, along with ANY MRE/Freeze dried food and bottles of water
5. come back home and start trying to figure out what to do when the situation changes

places to avoid :
1. "Green Zones"
2. Hospitals (questionable)
3. Open areas (keep moving unless in a building)

ONLY GO OUT DURING THE DAY!
if you are going to search for supplies, do so only during the day......if i must go out during the night, then i better hope by then i have some more lights on my truck =)

in a different scenario, i was thinking about climbing to the top of some building with as much ammo/food as i could get up there with tents and other people to help watch, but then thinking about it it wouldnt be a very good plan due to weather and such

Old 07-19-2011, 07:42 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I don't have a plan but this article might give you a kick.
Why a zombie outbreak would fail quickly.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Thogert
I don't have a plan but this article might give you a kick.
Why a zombie outbreak would fail quickly.
i know ive read it before =p

did you know the CDC has a zombie 101 thing?

CDC - Blogs - Public Health Matters Blog – Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse

the closet things we will get to zombies, will be rabies, its only a few mutations away or something

Old 07-19-2011, 12:45 PM
Starting Member
mattjphoto is on a distinguished road

You might want to start stocking up on food. Since its never happened we dont know how long it will last.

Old 07-19-2011, 02:08 PM
Starting Member
christian1984 will become famous soon enough

You have all an invaluable advantage.

FIREARMS!!!

In germany, it´s to hard to get any firearm. This would be the biggest problem.
So, I would try to get in a police station.
It´s the only place were suitable weapons are.
But we don´t have shotguns or something, only a few MP5.

That sucks.

My only chance is, that in my town is one of the most important hunting-weapon factory and my father work there.

Or I must try to use my Chevy as a weapon and knock the zombies down with it.

Old 07-19-2011, 03:21 PM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

i do! thats why i got my blazer actually.......

I work at the newest jail in the state of oklahoma. and i have a very secure building . with 1 weeks worth of diesel.( doesnt have to be on and manual locks can be allright once the power goes..the plan is for my group to meet up at the jail and farm on the secure roof. and store our vehicles in the sally port( secure garages) plus at any given time theres enough food to feed 350 people 3x a day for 7 days thats a good while if you ahve small group.because i plan on relasing the inmate out. .....

i carry a bug out bag in my blazer ..( a days worth of food clothes and gear)

i also have a main pack (a months worth of survival gear)........... also have a months worth of mres stored. plust a bout a months worth of canned goods....when the power goes out for two week because o one tornado we gotta be prepared around here.

its not only for zombies this si just in case stuff happens. ya know apacolypse. nuclear winter... invasion all that.

CDC: If you're prepared for zombies, you're ready for anything

ps check out zombie research society............

Old 07-19-2011, 04:04 PM
pheaton is on a distinguished road

Study Reveals Pittsburgh Unprepared For Full-Scale Zombie Attack | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

"Children need to be taught from preschool that they might have to put a bullet between the eyes of their own undead mother," Fulci said. "'Destroy The Brain' banners should be hung above the entrances of schools, churches, and town halls everywhere."

"Cornelius recommends that Pittsburgh residents prepare a "go-bag" containing a Glock 17 pistol and 50 rounds of ammunition. If leaving the house is not an option, Cornelius advises residents to barricade all first-story doors and windows, and have at least one method of suicide prepared, should zombies successfully breach the home."

Old 07-19-2011, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by chevytruckdood
i do! thats why i got my blazer actually.......

I work at the newest jail in the state of oklahoma. and i have a very secure building . with 1 weeks worth of diesel.( doesnt have to be on and manual locks can be allright once the power goes..the plan is for my group to meet up at the jail and farm on the secure roof. and store our vehicles in the sally port( secure garages) plus at any given time theres enough food to feed 350 people 3x a day for 7 days thats a good while if you ahve small group.because i plan on relasing the inmate out. .....

i carry a bug out bag in my blazer ..( a days worth of food clothes and gear)

i also have a main pack (a months worth of survival gear)........... also have a months worth of mres stored. plust a bout a months worth of canned goods....when the power goes out for two week because o one tornado we gotta be prepared around here.

its not only for zombies this si just in case stuff happens. ya know apacolypse. nuclear winter... invasion all that.

CDC: If you're prepared for zombies, you're ready for anything

ps check out zombie research society............

i plan on ordering some MREs here eventually

i mean even if it isnt zombies, it could be a mass riot, rabies that mutated etc etc

Old 07-19-2011, 04:59 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

NSFW*: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/zombie_how

*Although it's not a movie and there's no sound or anything, there is some NSFW language in the link above.

Last edited by mdehoogh; 07-19-2011 at 05:06 PM. Reason: adding disclaimer
Old 07-19-2011, 05:49 PM
Beginning Member
racer1044 is on a distinguished road

Found this on another forum thought id contribute.
The First Zombie-Proof House - All That Is Interesting

Quick Reply: Zombies? ZOMBIES! ZoMbIeS?!