Lowering Tech This section is for suspension questions related to decreasing the ride height of your vehicle.

99 4x4 lowering

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 08:51 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

^Ditto Ash mine didn't drop much when I backed the bolt out either. I've got a set of lowering keys in the backroom somewhere that I never got installed. Got them from bagit.com IIRC. Were under $80 with shipping, wasn't a bad deal. Might put them up for sale sometime.

Yeah the vette wheels look great on the 4x4's. I think some black wheels would look good. Hard to pick between the c5's and c7's. Funny how alot of people lower 4x4's and most of them end up lifting and only a few keep em lowered.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:37 PM
Starting Member
bigjon1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just learned something... I really didn't realize 1st gens wouldn't drop as low. Well at least ya'll got a head start on liftin lol.

Old 08-09-2010, 07:58 AM
Ash
Ash is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL... Well I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a hard time choosing which way to go. If I lifted it, I'd want something different than some Cragar Softs. I like the sport/muscle look so that won't do. As far as lowering I only want maybe an inch more than what I have in the front. I haven't touched the back yet.

Last edited by Ash; 08-09-2010 at 08:29 AM.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:36 PM
Starting Member

I know what you mean. Mines been up and down and up and up lol

Old 08-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Ash

Well at least that's the advantage of 4wd... easy drops and lifts. Got to be a happy medium somewhere..... stock height?! LOL

Old 08-09-2010, 11:16 PM
Starting Member

Stock height? What is that? lol you know as well as I do can't none of us leave well enough alone

Old 08-09-2010, 11:40 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

i still don't understand why all you guys with 4WD trucks want to lower them.

i mean, unless you're gonna be running them in an Autocross event...........

all that aside, it looks good. i know i've seen those wheels somewhere.....................

Old 08-10-2010, 03:49 AM
Ash

"i still don't understand why all you guys with 4WD trucks want to lower them."

Typhoon owners know... It's the handling. I don't plan on using mines off road nor do I like the ugly stance it had. IMO lowering it (not slamming) is a great way to get a muscle/sport truck stance while improving handling and the 4wd is still functional.

Now that I've learned almost every aspect of my truck, don't think I would want 2wd simply because the extra labor and parts involved in changing the suspension.

Last edited by Ash; 08-10-2010 at 03:52 AM.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:59 PM
Beginning Member
stang_me1990 is on a distinguished road

hey, the keys I got cheap from a guy, he said they were just some belltech knock-offs. I took the bolts all the way out before we started putting the keys in but it would only lower it about 1.5" so that was no good. I have used keys in the last two blazers to get them down to a good height.

The wheels are off a 93 BMW that i traded for the blazer. They were on the 325 when I got it but then I put one some 5 series wheels so these were just layin in the garage. They look ok but some vette wheels with a black center and a polished lip would be great.

I lowered the 4x4 because I live in Wisconsin and 4wd is nice to have....and it is a ton easier to get in.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:38 PM
Ash

I've done quite a bit of research on vette wheels so I don't mind sharing. Not sure which style wheel you are looking for, but these may fit the description you mentioned.

http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels-fo...-p5939455.html

There are several other styles to choose from as well, but according to 1010tires wheel calculator those fit similar to running an 18x9.5". Sticks out a few millimeters less than the 9.5" width wheel but has about a 6.4" backspace which is good. Price isn't bad either with flat rate shipping.

I can't decide between the black or chrome for mines ... LOL

Last edited by Ash; 08-10-2010 at 09:03 PM.

Quick Reply: 99 4x4 lowering