Lowering Tech This section is for suspension questions related to decreasing the ride height of your vehicle.

dropin it

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 08:11 AM
Starting Member
spankyy is an unknown quantity at this point

okay i was thinkin about like 2 or 3 inces

Old 07-13-2009, 12:46 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

you may have to trim the bumpstops a bit and you wont absolutely need drop shocks, but if you have the money i would get them.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:15 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Just curious, but do the drop shocks offer a better ride after the drop? I'm thinking decreasing the travel like that can have negative effects on ride quality, especially in a city where 3 of our roads have been named to the top 10 worst roads in Canada lol.

Old 08-11-2009, 02:29 PM
ChopStoneBLAZER is on a distinguished road

i have a question when i wanna lower my 2001 blazer and for the rear end do i just leave the mono leaf in and place 3 inch block on axel ?

Old 08-11-2009, 02:38 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

yup the blocks just goes between the axle and the leafs you could also get a set of lowering leafs and do away with the blocks(depending upon on how low you wanna go)

Old 08-12-2009, 08:25 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

One "plus" about the blocks IMO though is that you don't need drop shocks. IF you look under the truck you'll see the mounting point for the shock is on the leaf spring, meaning when you lift the axle off the spring with the blocks, the shock mounting point doesn't change.

If you use lowering spindles in the front you'll get the same result.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:09 PM
Rebels01blazer is on a distinguished road

they dont make drop spindles for a 4wd yes u will have to cut your rear bump stops only like a 1in and a half off i dropped mine 3/4 i dropped the front buy cranking down the t bars and 4 inch blocks in the rear