Lowering Tech This section is for suspension questions related to decreasing the ride height of your vehicle.

Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 01:40 AM
Starting Member
xCHIPx is on a distinguished road
Default Help

I have a 99 blazer I need to know what I should do to drop my front end Ive already done a 2in the back but it was to low so i went to a 1in. But i wana drop my front end about 1/2in or 2. Should I use drop spindels or coils?

Old 06-03-2009, 01:47 AM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

since your looking at coils i take you have a 2wd, if your only looking to get 2" of drop max youll be just fine running coils up front

Old 06-03-2009, 01:54 AM
Starting Member

Thanks.

Do I need to replace my shocks cuz right now its really bouncey?

Old 06-03-2009, 02:00 AM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

putting 2" drop springs in does not require new shocks, but if your are in need of replacement then go ahead and replace them with drop shocks. i know for sure Belltech has drop shocks, but im sure all the lowering companies carry them.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:44 AM
Starting Member

Okay thanks for the help.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:04 PM
jdm201010 is on a distinguished road

yea i would just go with the coils and change your shocks if there bad

Old 07-29-2010, 02:21 AM
Starting Member

Man I havent been on the forum in along time. But ive already lowered in 2.5ins up front spindels and ZQ8 coils which only gave me a 1/2in drop insted of 1.5in. and I have 3in blocks and a pulled leaf in the bakc which gave me about 4, 4.5in. I thinking of going lower up front. Ive also got some helper bags in the rear just for when I have people in my back seat.