Lowering Tech This section is for suspension questions related to decreasing the ride height of your vehicle.

how do i put drop blocks if leaf spring is under the rear axle?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 10:33 PM
tattoo_cyrus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default how do i put drop blocks if leaf spring is under the rear axle?

hey guys! im trying to drop my 85 s10 blazer..originally it was a 4x4, but i yanked out the V6 and put a 350 V8 and removed the 4x4.. now its a 2wd blazer.. but i was wondering, im tryin to put blocks in the back ... but the leaf springs is under the rear axle.. is there a way to get the leafsprings ontop so that i can put the drop blocks? i mean.. do i need to remove the leaf springs and just put them ontop?

Old 10-13-2008, 10:37 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: how do i put drop blocks if leaf spring is under the rear axle?

Putting drop blocks above the leaf spring and below the axle will effectively raise the axle which gives you the drop you are looking for. It is weird at first, but once you dive in you will see. Keep everything where it is. Just support the frame, unbolt the u-bolts, jack the axle up, install blocks, bolt up u-bolts, remove all support. That was the quick synopsis but I am assuming if you can drop a V8 in you can figure this out without detailed instructions.

Old 10-14-2008, 06:35 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Positive reinforcement! Gary summed it up. With the current configuration of axle over spring, to lower the rear end, you place the drop block on top of the spring, under the axle. This will lower the body.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:37 PM
tattoo_cyrus is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks there guys! i wasnt sure in the begining.. but thanks again!!