Lowering Tech This section is for suspension questions related to decreasing the ride height of your vehicle.

How to drop the body w/o dropping the Chassis

Old 04-10-2009, 06:35 PM
aceptr is on a distinguished road
Default How to drop the body w/o dropping the Chassis

Hi! well i have a blazer 95 and i already dropped it 2" but i dont like that i can see the chassis... so how can i drop just the body w/o dropping more the chassis? is there any way? thanks

Old 04-10-2009, 10:16 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sure there is, but you better be handy with a torch and welder because channeling the body is not something for a casual DIY'er. It takes a LOT of experience, time, and patience to do and do safely.

Old 04-11-2009, 02:22 AM
aceptr is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Sure there is, but you better be handy with a torch and welder because channeling the body is not something for a casual DIY'er. It takes a LOT of experience, time, and patience to do and do safely.
oooo... ok.. so your recommendation would be that better i keep like that? i hate how everybody can see the chassis :S ... my other option but maybe is expensive is to do some Xtreme conversion but.... i dont know what to do

Old 04-11-2009, 08:24 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The Wings West body kit will cover up the frame fairly well from what I have seen of it.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:12 AM
mech cb is on a distinguished road

How thick are the rubber blocks(I'm having a brain fart) between the chassis and the frame? Is there a way to get thinner ones?

Old 04-11-2009, 11:06 AM
Administrator

The problem with getting thinner body mount bushings is that your body may contact the frame as things flex.