Lowering Tech This section is for suspension questions related to decreasing the ride height of your vehicle.

need help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 10:52 PM
joerenshaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default need help!

so i spent the day today tearin apart my blazers front springs or should i say trying i had the tire and all castle bolts of of everything(upper n lower arms, and tie rod) i got the top loose but as you all now you have to ge tthe bottom loose how do you go about doin that cuz i had a hammer and friends lol and it would not come out am i missin somethin or should i get the good ole [b and soak it???

Old 08-17-2008, 01:33 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: need help!

The tapered fit of the ball joints can be a pain to loosen. I will typically hit the steering upright on the flat that is to the inside of the upright. If that doesn't work, then you may need a pickle fork (U shaped wedge type tool for separating ball joints). Problem with pickle forks is that the use of them can damage the ball joint. Not too much of a problem if that is what you are replacing, but if you are not planning on replacing them...

Old 08-17-2008, 02:15 PM
joerenshaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: need help!

yeah i really don't want to replace those to jsut wanna swap the springs i have 2 inch drop springs and 2 sets of blocks 3 inch alum and 2 inch seel not sure which one i'm gonna use