New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

1st Gen 2dr s10 blazer

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 02:59 PM
Beginning Member
DefBlazer is on a distinguished road
Talking 1st Gen 2dr s10 blazer

Hi everybody, I just got my 92 "Z" s10 blazer about 2 weeks ago and then I joined the forum as soon as i got a chance.

My truck is old and it shakes. One window doesn't work and the other falls out of it's track. The driver side door only closes if you lift hard on it.

The last owner switched out the back window for the spoiler window and didn't get rid of/or plug the sprayer nozzle hose so i thought whats this button do .... oh thats what thats for... so i now have an automatic dog washer in the back.

I have been having trouble with something on this truck though that actually bothers me. Every other start or so it randomly acts like its either missing or not getting spark. I've already done plugs and wires (ACDelco plugs because I've seen the trouble the others seem to cause for these trucks by reading through here about similar issues, the only had the 14.99 wires though) oil change (which seems to have brought my oil pressure guage down to a normal reading) Checked and fixed all visible vacuum problems (Last owner tough duct tape fixed vacuum t's and check valves. BTW anyone know where to get a vacuum diagram for this thing i can't find them on autozone.com) I get code 33 and 44 at the same time which doesn't make sense to me. From what i understand that means the map says not enough air and the 02 says too much air?

Whats wrong with my poor little blazer. Anywho I'm looking forward to fixin her up and turning it into a really lovely truck and making the 1st gen's proud. Also is 12miles per gallon normal for these?

Last edited by DefBlazer; 03-20-2011 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Useful info added
Old 03-20-2011, 03:14 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the Forum.

Please post any technical questions in the appropriate section i.e. '1st Gen Tech'.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:05 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

welcome to the show, from Ontario.

like Rich said, take a looky through the 1st gen tech section, there's a wealth of onfo in there.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:17 AM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Welcome from New York.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:05 PM
Beginning Member
DefBlazer is on a distinguished road

Thanks everybody
lol sorry for the mechanical sidetrack i really did mean to just introduce myself lol I'm Adam from TN and my truck is yet to be named because i feel the name should be permenant and hopefully gass guzzling klunkin POS won't suit it forever LOL. i may call it "the Blazer" oh ok not really all that original.
I love this truck though it has character I can pull up to my local Sonic and not worry about if i need to make a long reach up for the card scanner. or worse yet like the truck i rented in the spring reach downand try to bend the card between the door and the scanner to pay for lunch. LOL what happened to the little silverados anyway i rented a 2011 and it was HUGE! oh well.

Anyways, My Past exploits include alot of fiberglass fabrication due to a youthful and foolish interest in making an mx6 ricer. unfortunately with the mazda MX-6 being closely related to a ford i couldn't keep it raod worthy enough to ever get a chance to finish it and show it. but it had a lovley glassed in sound system that folded from the back seat for "stealth." and a TN modified bodykit (due to crazy steep driveways in my area the orrginal kit wouldn't clear most of them and i got tired of cracks so i cut and rebuilt the kit to clear the ramps and still look low and function aerodynamically. I have done a bit of welding back when my brother had a garage and gear. and designed and rebuilt the electrical system on my old 69-70 beetle. rebuilt the motor for that (now dead due to unfortunate circumstance involving an apartment parking lot a rear main seal and a 3 day thunderstorm. I also have made it a point to use as little fibergass and filler as possible on the bug and have taught myself the fine art of metal reconditioning (thats what i'm gonna call it but i figured out how to use body hammers and dollies to fix my fender and make it nice and smooth and it it's original shape) I love fabricating custom parts and gizmo's to make my ride unique, my neighbors have learned that they hate fiberglass resin.

OK thats me.

I'm not bad with the mechanical stuff either but i don't like to do it if i can help it. my goal is to fix as much as i can as permanently as i can so i can focus on fun stuff. I don't mind the occasional maintenance but I had that blasted mazda that required constant maintenance.

Old 03-24-2011, 04:11 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Hey Adam welcome to the forums.