New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

4x4 Astro van Guy, w/ lite mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 03:36 PM
Byte Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 4x4 Astro van Guy, w/ lite mods

Kinda answers the question of "What do you do after you climb the mountain", doesnt it?

Very sweet looking rig.
welcome aboard

Old 02-28-2009, 03:58 PM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

cool rig dont think i ever saw a 4x4 astro van!!

Old 02-28-2009, 04:40 PM
Starting Member
95Blzr is an unknown quantity at this point

Hah awesome van. What kind of mpg does it get?

Old 02-28-2009, 06:33 PM
Beginning Member
T.Low is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, guys. You can get them as AWD and then steal a 2spd T case from some unsuspecting Blazer or S10! Ha. There's a few of us out there. They tell me I should be able to get as much as 22...yeah, whatever.

I've been getting about 16-17, not great. My buddy's full size Powerstroke van gets 15.5...but, like most of you, I just don't want a full size. This thing is so nimble on and off road, I love it.

Here's a link to a thread with my build slideshow on it. I do all the big jobs at my brother in laws house, you'll see why.

Pederson's 4Wheel Offroad contacted me. They said they saw my van on the internet and want to put a picture of it in their June Expedition Rig article. That would be cool, I guess, whatever, we'll see if it actually gets in or not.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...ad.php?t=23847

Cheers,
T.Low

Old 02-28-2009, 06:55 PM
Blazin NC is an unknown quantity at this point

I dunno how I missed this.... Nice van! Let us know if you get published..

Old 02-28-2009, 07:13 PM
Starting Member
Bigringtravis is on a distinguished road

Coming from a background in adventure sports - YOU ARE MY HERO!!! That is absolutely the best SUV I`ve seen in a while! A+ PERFECT! And the color is GREAT as well!

You should market and sell those!

Best wishes - Come to Nashville sometime and we can hit some MTB trails!

Old 03-01-2009, 05:10 AM
Beginning Member

Ha!, do you think I'm a glutton for punishment, like i'm going to ride with some dude who's nickname is BigRing?!!! Only if you promise to leave skid mark turns pointing the way at the intersections so atleast I can catch up to you while you're stopping for a Powerbar or something!

Seriously, though, thanks for the props on the van. Nice to hear. Its working out even better than I imagined. Future plans include an exterior hot shower mounted to the openned rear hatch, stand under it and have shower curtains when required.

I live out here in Kona country, play hockey with one of the sales reps and know most the guys, so all my mountain bikes are Konas. I just got a Unit 29er to finally replace my old Kona Pahoehoe hardtail. The unit is a single speed, but I put gears on it cuz I'm a wuss! Nice snowy night ride on Galbraith Friday night.

BTW, most of my riding is in the middle ring; 40 minutes up to the top of Galbraith, then blasting down Scorpian, myfavorite home trail (ride my Stinky Deluxe on this trail). Some of my bros videoed themselves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFXTw9TU4Oo

Cheers,
T.Low

Old 03-01-2009, 11:48 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Watched the slideshow, how do you access the sleeping loft?

Old 03-01-2009, 03:02 PM
Beginning Member

My friend is supposed to come over and photograph it with his wide angle lens...till then...

The bunk spends most of its time snapped tight to the ceiling. When the top is raised, the bunk raises with it allowing one to walk in thru the side doors and stand in the midle and front of the van.

The bunk lowers by unsnapping the front four attatchment points and lowers down onto side frame rails (that are coverred to match the ceiling liner). It is open at the front cab (from the back of the bucket seats forward to the windsheild frame is open). You can still stand up straight in between the front bucket seats. To access the loft, you simply step up onto a seat and climb in.

The one interior loft pic in the slideshow was taken while standing in the front of the van, looking back.

Here, one girl is standing in the front of the van in the part that is open to the ceiling, and the other two girls are laying in the loft.

Ultimately, this is what my interior will look like.

Old 03-01-2009, 03:19 PM
Blazin NC is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice look forward to seeing it when you are done.

Quick Reply: 4x4 Astro van Guy, w/ lite mods