New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

94 Blazer from Jersey

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 02:34 PM
Starting Member
Lefet is on a distinguished road
Default 94 Blazer from Jersey

Hello All,
I'm super excited to be here and start this adventure! I just got my father in laws 94 Blazer, with about 75k miles on it. I haven't even put it on the road yet. I'm presently in NJ, but moving to PA, and so looking forward to modifying this vehicle. As I've always wanted to but never have, I don't have the first hand knowledge of a lot. I'm looking forward to scanning the threads and gleaning any information I can. I'll post pictures the first chance I get.
Thanks for all the information and time spent on this forum/subject.

Kevin

Old 10-06-2017, 06:44 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the Forum.

Old 10-08-2017, 03:43 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

welcome to the forum. 94 blazer s10 here as well. 175k miles and stock for most.

Old 10-09-2017, 12:11 AM
Starting Member

Thanks,
I see the first thing I have to do is get my feet firmly planted. I've just been looking around at what I COULD do, and find that I'm not exactly sure what fits and what doesn't. It's kind of confusing, says "Blazer" on the outside, I think "S10 Tahoe" on the inside, and when I look up parts I usually find none. (Presently in Jersey, trucks in PA), Seems like the most confusing year of the blazer to me.
Guess I'll just strap in and get ready for the learning curve!

Old 10-09-2017, 02:12 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

A good part of it being the truth.

The Blazer's, especially the S10 with 4.3l V6 are some of the most common light trucks. They have always fit something regarded as a "niche". But have become so popular that every year GM produced them in the hundred-thousand. It never had an easy engine to tune which IMHO is the reason for it not being overly popular for mods.

Despite that underneath is proven technology, they have been built over years without modifications to the frame or under the body. So a lot of parts exchange from one year to the other.

A good starting place is longs motor company. They have a great catalog with pictures and illustrations. The various years are depicted and you can get a feel for what fits a 94.

I like keeping my cars "sleepers" or a wolf in a sheep-skin. It's for my enjoyment and not to show-off. For that you would need at least a full size Blazer with the V8. And it is my workhorse for trailer tow and moving work stuff around.

Truck Parts & Truck Accessories for Chevy, GMC, Ford & Dodge Trucks | LMCTruck.com

Have fun!

Old 10-27-2017, 01:55 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by error_401
A good part of it being the truth.

The Blazer's, especially the S10 with 4.3l V6 are some of the most common light trucks. They have always fit something regarded as a "niche". But have become so popular that every year GM produced them in the hundred-thousand. It never had an easy engine to tune which IMHO is the reason for it not being overly popular for mods.

Despite that underneath is proven technology, they have been built over years without modifications to the frame or under the body. So a lot of parts exchange from one year to the other.

A good starting place is longs motor company. They have a great catalog with pictures and illustrations. The various years are depicted and you can get a feel for what fits a 94.

I like keeping my cars "sleepers" or a wolf in a sheep-skin. It's for my enjoyment and not to show-off. For that you would need at least a full size Blazer with the V8. And it is my workhorse for trailer tow and moving work stuff around.

Truck Parts & Truck Accessories for Chevy, GMC, Ford & Dodge Trucks | LMCTruck.com

Have fun!
Thanks for the info error_401! I agree with the not so easy to tune deal. I had done a significant tune up on this before it was given to me. Still, the idle runs high and I'm not exactly sure what to do about it. I believe it has an adjustment screw but it's blocked off or something. I'd have to "break into it" as it wasn't intended to be an adjuster??? There isn't much I want to do to it, just get it running right, maybe put a small lift on it with some better tires. We live up in the mountains in PA and the snow can be a killer! I guess I wouldn't mind making it "a little" faster too :-)

Cant wait to get the LMC catalogue!!