New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

99 Blazer LT

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 10:28 PM
kkoerner is on a distinguished road
Default 99 Blazer LT

Hey ya'll got a blazer here a while back and decided after some 4wd issues it was time to sign up and chat with some folks who have experience with em!! I have a 2nd gen 4wd, Got a 2" or so lift thanks to the tbars and some oriley special shackles haha. My 4wd isnt workin right and im not new to cars or trucks, im goin to college to be a tech. I have seen some posts about the t-case actuator with the 3 vac lines runnin to it, i have also seen the 4wd actuator its self under the bat tray; people replacing with the posi cable sittin at 188XXX on the clock i figured the t-case actuator could use replacing anyways and at $15 with a liftetime i just snagged it. Im thinking tomorrow looks like a good day to put er under the knife so any responces would be great! Thanks Ya'll!

Old 08-04-2012, 11:25 PM

I am also trying to gather more info on the MFI swap, right now i'm runnin about 14.3-15.4 city milage, I saw someone saw they we're runnin 18-19 after the swap! Is this pretty accurate, also what does highway mileage look like? I go to school 300ish miles away and i get 22ish on the highway, but that was before the bolt-ons I did.. got a Dynomax catback and a Spectre CAI with the heat sheild

Old 08-09-2012, 09:02 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Welcome from VA!!

Old 08-10-2012, 01:31 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Welcome from Utah.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:19 AM
gojorg has a spectacular aura aboutgojorg has a spectacular aura about

Welcome from New Jersey

Old 08-13-2012, 03:50 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

welcome from michigan
there is a tech section on the 4x system...very informative.
it is in the how to area.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:18 PM

thanks ya'll for the welcomes... i noticed my 4wd may be different than the ones disccused... unless i just searched something wrong... the actuator on mine has some sort of valve located on the firewallish area in the center under the cowl...?? the vac line goes from the drivers side corner straight to this and to the lever actuator under the batt... any help?

Old 08-14-2012, 08:39 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

nope, that sounds right.
the only diff that i know of is the controls and the transcase itself.
they are 3 button and 4 button

these two areas should be able to help you out.

https://blazerforum.com/forum/tech-articles-diy-29/

esp this one

https://blazerforum.com/forum/tech-a...ill-help-7180/

that should give ya some good reading

Old 08-14-2012, 09:06 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Welcome from NY

Old 08-14-2012, 10:59 PM
Maurer6156 will become famous soon enough

Welcome from San Diego! I'm glad to see another 2nd Gen LT joining ^_^