New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Anotha newbie

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 08:35 PM
Baja Blazer 85 is on a distinguished road
Default Anotha newbie

Hey guys, I'm....obviously...new here, heh. Cool website you guys have here, I like this. I came from S10forum.com and they have alot of lowered Blazeres so I feel kinda awkward, lol!

I'm 17 and I live in Santa Barbara, Ca.
I got a 1985 S10 Blazer. 2.8l 4x4 sport. I got this vehicle from my grandfather when he passed away.

I still have to put my vehicle info/pic in my signature, I just need to figure that out.

It has undergone alot since I first got it. I can post a before shot if you guys want, I just need to find it.

Mods so far include....
Alpine sound system
exhaust
Hypertech chip
K&N
electric fan
29" BFG All-T's
Painted Camaro R/S wheels
LED lighting
light bar w/ lights

I like to offroad alot (can you tell?). I've gone to Pismo (AKA Oceano Dunes) countless times, I always explore the back country fire roads, and I usually find myself tackling somesort of illigal obstacle. I'm looking around for a good 2inch lift suspension, or maybe a cheap locker. I cant decide which one I want.

P.S. I really hope I got this picture posting thing right (its different for every forum haha). I read the tut. in the suggustion forum

Last edited by Baja Blazer 85; 05-29-2009 at 08:37 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:42 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

welcome!! nice looking blazer i really like the color combo and wheel choice

Old 05-29-2009, 08:53 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Welcome, WOW that is a great looking 24 year old truck!!

Old 05-29-2009, 09:22 PM
TomSawyer is on a distinguished road

Welcome!! That truck is in awsome shape for an '85!!! My grandfather left me his S-10 Blazer when he passed. She's a '91 and looks about to be in equal shape as yours. PLEASE take car of her, your granddad would be proud!!! I'll never sell mine, it will go to my son when it's time.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:24 PM

Thanks guys, she sat in my grandfather's garage for several years untouched, thats why the paint looks new. She started right up with a new battery and was driven 200 miles home no problem
Gotta love chevy quality

Originally Posted by TomSawyer
Welcome!! That truck is in awsome shape for an '85!!! My grandfather left me his S-10 Blazer when he passed. She's a '91 and looks about to be in equal shape as yours. PLEASE take car of her, your granddad would be proud!!! I'll never sell mine, it will go to my son when it's time.
Exactly my plan . I never want to sell it, no matter what people say or my financial situation. If I have to ride a bike to work in order to keep her, I will.

Before:

Last edited by Baja Blazer 85; 05-29-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:35 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

hell even the painted steelies looked brand new

Old 05-29-2009, 10:24 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Welcome to the forum!
And wow, thats a nice lookin' truck lol..amazing condition! That's not original paint on it..is it?

Old 05-29-2009, 11:18 PM

Original paint

As far as I know at least. My grandpa bought it used in the early '90s and he didnt ever paint it, nor did I

Old 05-30-2009, 01:57 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

That's a slick looking rig Baja!
Welcome.

Old 05-30-2009, 03:00 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Welcome from New Zealand. Nice looking truck. I like the colour scheme.

Quick Reply: Anotha newbie