New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Another blazer owner!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 02:53 PM
dubs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Another blazer owner!

Hey all, just picked up my new 05 2 dr 4x4 Blazer, and am pretty impressed thus far. Coming from a 93 explorer, this thing rides like a dream!

Some pretty standard mods this summer will most likely be something along the lines of:

Limo tint around
clear the fronts and rears...any suggestions here guys?
throw some 20's, possibly 22's on there....any rubbing issues with a 22" rim?

Yes, I am a pavement princess

So far I have added my 7" panasonicin-dash, but am rather stumped as to what to do with the system....previously I was running 3 12" ed 13kv.2's off a nine.1 amp, however cargo space is still a necessity, and this blazer is lacking it....I am wondering if anyone has any ideas possibly in regards to that...? kind of a bummer that the spare is actually in the cargo area.

One thing that kind of sucks as well is that it is not keyless and non power windows, etc etc. I have an alarm to install with a keyless feature, but I am guessing that I am screwed if the truck isnt equipped with keyless entry in the first place?

Last question....I promise...roof rack, can I remove this guy?....not a huge fan of these things and since this ones screwed right into the body, could I just take it off....use a washer and a smaller screw to fill the hole and be done with it?....

Sorry fellas, I know what I like in a truck, but know about as much about actually modifying it myself as I do knitting!

Any help is much appreciated, as well as ANY suggestions to upgrade this thing in ANY way.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...1/IMG_0957.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...1/IMG_0955.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...1/IMG_0952.jpg

Rain sucks! Sorry guys.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:41 PM
972DRBLAZER is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Another blazer owner!

welcome

Old 05-13-2008, 07:17 PM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome to the forum. nice truck... i see your another canadian, woohoo.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:43 PM
Tippman7641 is an unknown quantity at this point

canada eh? welcome, and that last pic sort looks like your parked on a roof

Old 05-13-2008, 08:14 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

Welcome!!

Old 05-13-2008, 10:07 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

[sm=welcomesign.gif] to the forum.

roof rack - you can just take out the hex bolts that hold it down to the roof and #1 (cheap way) put the bolts right back in the holes or #2 weld the holes shut, sand, and paint to match.

system - two words: remove spare [sm=joke.gif] you might need that. Um, one 12" or 15" Kicker in a box with an amp mounted to the rear passenger seat flap. Or if you don't need On-Star, take out the On-Star module (if equipped) out of the back cargo bin on the right side of the back area and cut out a peice of the front of the cover and fit a sub in there and put a grille over the front. Might have to be one of those new Pioneer slim-line subs. Not sure what you can fit in there and just mount the amp to the seat flap like mentioned before and run the wires under the trim and seats.

keyless feature - there is a code in the glove box you are supposed to look for, can't remember what it is. I'm gonna go look and brb (jeapordy theme playing)-okay I found it. Look on the sheet on the inside of the glove box door and look for AUO. That means keyless entry equipped vehicle.

You could always add power windows, might take a bit, but it can be done, I think[>:]

mods- hmm, blue blazer. Maybe some chrome bumper lights and/or some projector headlights and taillights. If you like the off-road look, you could always get a grille guard or safari bar like the one I have on mine. What kind of look do you like, sleak and stylish or rough and off-roadish.

Other than that, nice truck. And yes, I agree with the third pic, looks like you parked on a roof the way the house in the back is set lol.

Old 05-14-2008, 12:55 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Welcome from New Zealand.

Old 05-14-2008, 06:13 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome!!

ORIGINAL: davtak

keyless feature - there is a code in the glove box you are supposed to look for, can't remember what it is. I'm gonna go look and brb (jeapordy theme playing)-okay I found it. Look on the sheet on the inside of the glove box door and look for AU0. That means keyless entry equipped vehicle.
There fixed it for you. Its A U Zero. LOL

Old 05-14-2008, 07:50 AM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

Sorry (sarcastically) lmao. Nice to know you're lookin out for us Kyle lol.

Old 05-27-2008, 03:17 PM
dubs is an unknown quantity at this point

well I have had this guy about 4 weeks now and am very happy.

Shorts list of things to do:

chrome....any ideas?....been searching ebay, and have found things such as mirror covers, etc but haven't found much in terms of door handles...I know some may be against this, I however find some chrome accents to be nice.

head/tail lights. I want to just go simple clear for the fronts, maybe add hid bulbs...any suggestions again, most likely on ebay. As far as tails go, sort of undecided.....but looking to order pretty quick here.

One more question is that on most auctions the years go up to 04...tough finding items for an 05, will most still work on an 05?

Again thanks for the welcome, and any suggestions are much appreciated to start this thing in the right direction.

Quick Reply: Another blazer owner!