New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Another Central Florida blaZeR2 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 11:27 PM
Selrahc is on a distinguished road
Talking Another Central Florida blaZeR2 Owner

Hi all!

Yeay I am finally a Blazer ZR2 owner! After weeks of searching I finally picked up the ride I was looking for! I'm all too happy to show it off LOL! Please excuse the poor quality of pics... they are cellphone ones...

Day of pick-up!

Its is a Red 2002 ZR2 with only 64K on the ODO!! Still has that new Blazer smell! I had been looking for a ZR2 for a while that met my requirements. It had everything I was looking for.. low miles, clean autocheck, super clean, power everything, sunroof, rear window package, the works! I snagged it within 2 minutes of it being posted online woot woot!

Picked up from up north, I drove it the 1K miles home. On the way I had the brand new snow tires removed and put on a set of new BFG A/Ts (nice shoes!). Don't think I will need snow tires anytime soon lol. The underside does not have a lot of rust. Ill get some sort of rust killer and then undercoat it.

Just got home...

Here she is after getting home and getting a good washing...

All clean...

A sexy rear! Except for that damned ford tramp stamp. That will come off REAL soon!

The ride already had window guards, front wind deflector and a Westin bumper guard, which was a plus.

First day home I did some fluid flushing (trans, PS, oil etc). I switched oil to Royal Purple full synth. I also put in a new PCV and a decent air filter (changing to cold air soon).

Besides the tires, I have several things I want to change or add to this ride. Tell me what you think:
  • Cold Air Intake - Any other brands than the obvious K&N you all like?
  • New O2 & ERG - Any other low cost items like thins I should replace?
  • Rear Shackles to "lift datass" - Sagging Rear shall be fixed.
  • Wheel Spacer - I find the blazer wheel offset strange.... I'll hafta search as to why its like that.
  • Sliders - I want nice looking sliders. Nothing large or too obvious.
  • New Shocks - Stock Shocks will go byebye
  • New Exhaust? - maybe....
  • Mud - I need mud!
I'm open to other suggestions and I am sure I will have many questions. If I don't see what I am looking for using search, I'll be sure to post them! It's nice to have another source for help and Blazer talk! I look forward to chatting with everyone!

~ Sel

Last edited by Selrahc; 05-04-2010 at 11:38 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:47 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the Forum. Looks good.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:02 AM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Welcome! What part of Fl are you in? Nice looking ZR2 you got there. For CAI, Spectre makes a good product. And if you want a new muffler check out youtube for "Edelbrock SDT 4.3" awesome sound.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:28 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Welcome to the forum from Canada! Very clean truck.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:25 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

Nice truck welcome

Old 05-05-2010, 07:04 PM
Peco is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice Z!!

Old 05-05-2010, 07:12 PM
Selrahc is on a distinguished road

Thanks all! Im out by Lakeland but work in Orlando. I'll be stuck in traffic on I4 lol.

Old 05-10-2010, 04:52 PM
Beginning Member
blazer128 is on a distinguished road

welcome from pa

Old 05-10-2010, 05:10 PM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

BEAUTIFUL Z...if only mine was in such shape...welcome though!

Old 05-10-2010, 05:52 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Welcome, nice Z!!

I wonder where that precious owner got those mud flaps. Just what I'm looking for...

Quick Reply: Another Central Florida blaZeR2 Owner